The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 29 November 2019
Farewell, November --we're wrapping up the month with another great week. Here are the latest updates on the Apache community's activities:
Support Apache – help the ASF continue to provide $20B+ worth of software –at 100% no cost– for the public good https://s.apache.org/fxyz1
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- The Apache Software Foundation Objects to the For-Profit Sale of the .org Registry https://s.apache.org/zkthl
- Next Board Meeting: 18 December 2019. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998
- ApacheCon 2019 events are complete: catch the latest interviews, presentations, and photos at https://www.apachecon.com/history.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at a rocking 99.99%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Build Management --
- Apache Maven 3.6.3 released http://maven.apache.org
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.20.0 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org
- Apache PLC4X 0.5.0 released http://plc4x.apache.org
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.49 and 9.0.29 released http://tomcat.apache.org
- Apache JMeter 5.2.1 released https://jmeter.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache Kafka and Apache Spark rank the top 4 and 6 in-demand skill sets, according to the Indeed.com fastest-rising tech skills report? An increase of 1,216% for Kafka, and 1,068% for Spark over the past 5 years! https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?category
- Did you know that Apache Storm powers real-time streaming analytics for more than one trillion messages per day at Uber? http://storm.apache.org/
- Did you know that 205 Top-Level communities are overseeing 338 Apache projects and sub-projects? https://projects.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
- ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- ApacheCon: Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
- ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 12:09PM Nov 29, 2019 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |