The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 7 April 2017
Welcome, April! The Apache community is starting the month with great progress:
Support Apache –if Apache software has helped you, please consider making a donation, no matter the size. Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 19 April 2017. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
- ASF Operations Summary - Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
Success at Apache –our fifth installment in the new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works".
- JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors by Daniel Gruno https://s.apache.org/4pjM
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield kicking performance at 97.27% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –Tomorrow's Technology Today.
- Learn the latest in Big Data, Cloud, Flex, IoT, Tomcat, and dozens of other leading Apache projects across 200+ sessions, 150+ speakers, 4 subconferences, BarCampApache and more. http://apachecon.com/ Sign up today and save $200!
- Become an Apache Community Sponsor at ApacheCon http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/sponsors/community-sponsor
Apache Attic™ –provides process and solutions to make it clear when an Apache project has reached its end of life.
- Apache Abera retired http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201704.mbox/%3CCAK2iWdQ7w2DQgAxL6snQnwX3P%3DSqFOBBQW6M469VUzz-F83pUw%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Accumulo™ –sorted, distributed key/value store is a robust, scalable, high performance data storage system that features cell-based access control and customizable server-side processing.
- Apache Accumulo 1.7.3 released https://accumulo.apache.org/downloads/
Apache Apex™ Malhar –an enterprise grade big data-in-motion platform that unifies stream and batch processing.
- Apache Apex Malhar 3.7.0 released http://apex.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Buildr™ –a build system for Java-based applications, including support for Scala, Groovy and a growing number of JVM languages and tools.
- Apache Buildr 1.5.2 released http://buildr.apache.org/
Apache Flex™ –application framework for expressive Web applications that deploy to all major browsers, desktops and devices.
- Apache Flex BlazeDS 4.7.3 released http://flex.apache.org/
Apache Geode™ –a data management platform that provides a database-like consistency model, reliable transaction processing and a shared-nothing architecture to maintain very low latency performance with high concurrency processing.
- Apache Geode 1.1.1 released http://geode.apache.org/releases/
- [CVE-2017-5649] Apache Geode information disclosure vulnerability http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201704.mbox/%3CCAEwge-E4y%3DEVfhwpfRwsbnBH_hBS3Q-BJS%2B1BX5omYGW4dnR1w%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-faceted language for the Java platform.
- Apache Groovy 2.5.0-alpha-1 released http://www.groovy-lang.org/download.html
Apache Guacamole (incubating) –a clientless remote desktop gateway that supports standard protocols like VNC, RDP, and SSH.
- Apache Guacamole 0.9.12-incubating released http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/releases/0.9.12-incubating/
Apache Jackrabbit™ – a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.12.7 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/jcr/downloads.html#v2.12
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.4.15 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Lucene™ Solr –the popular, blazing-fast, Open Source enterprise search platform built on Apache Lucene.
- Apache Solr Reference Guide for Solr 6.5 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/ref-guide/apache-solr-ref-guide-6.5.pdf
Apache Nutch™ –a well matured, production ready Web crawler.
- Apache Nutch 1.13 released http://nutch.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 7.0.77 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi
- Apache Tomcat 8.0.43 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi
Apache UIMA™ –a component architecture and framework for the analysis of unstructured content like text, video and audio data.
- Apache UIMA Java SDK 2.10.0 released http://uima.apache.org
Apache Zeppelin™ –a collaborative data analytics and visualization tool for distributed, general-purpose data processing system such as Apache Spark, Apache Flink, etc.
- Apache Zeppelin 0.7.1 released http://zeppelin.apache.org/download.html
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the following Apache projects have anniversaries in April? Apache CXF (9 years); Avro, HBase, Mahout, Nutch, Tika, and Traffic Server (7 years); Creadur, Jena (5 years); DeltaSpike (4 years), ORC, Parquet (2 years); Apex, AsterixDB, Johnzon (1 year) --Many Happy Returns! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
- Did you know that we are experiencing a greater influx of participants, with nearly 300 new code contributors and 300-400 new people filing issues each month? https://projects.apache.org/statistics.html
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" is a new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM
- We have been chosen as a Google Summer of Code (GSoC) Mentoring Organization for the 12th consecutive year --Apache Committer Mentors wanted! https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5416945173135360/
- Feedback from The Apache Software Foundation on the Free and Open Source Security Audit (FOSSA) https://s.apache.org/romf
- ASF Operations Summary - Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
- The new Apache Community Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ Do friend and follow us.
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon North America + Apache: BigData, CloudStack Collaboration Conference, FlexJS Summit, Apache: IoT, and TomcatCon will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #
Posted at 03:01PM Apr 07, 2017 by Sally in General | |