The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 31 May 2019
Farewell, May! Let's take a look back on our activities over the past week:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- The Apache Software Foundation Welcomes Craig L. Russell as Chairman https://s.apache.org/h5EK
- Next Board Meeting: 19 June. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Fundraising –oversees ASF Sponsorship as well as Individual and Corporate Giving programs.
- The Apache Software Foundation Welcomes JetBrains as its Newest Targeted Sponsor https://s.apache.org/Asxm
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998
- EARLY Registration open: ApacheCon North America/Las Vegas 9-12 September and ApacheCon Europe/Berlin 22-24 October http://apachecon.com/
- TRAVEL ASSISTANCE applications for ApacheCon North America accepted through 21 June http://www.apache.org/travel/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.98%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 446 Apache contributors changed 1,065,674 lines of code over 3,092 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Duo Zhang, Mark Robert Miller, Pedro Boado, and Andrea Cosentino.
Apache Project Announcements –the latest updates by category.
Big Data --
- Apache Druid (incubating) 0.14.2 released https://druid.apache.org/
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.18.2 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
- Apache PLC4X 0.4.0 released http://plc4x.apache.org
- Apache Commons Configuration 2.5 released http://commons.apache.org/
- Apache Lucene Solr 8.1.1 released http://lucene.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that those interested in attending ApacheCon but cannot do so for financial reasons may qualify for Travel Assistance support? All members of the greater Apache community, including those from underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply http://www.apache.org/travel/
- Did you know that GitHub featured how Apache Beam helps Spotify compute recommendations for hundreds of millions of users in their "Open source: an interconnected community" promo? https://youtu.be/U2eWLb-LD44
- Did you know that the ASF has won an Industry Influencer award in the 2019 SD Times 100? https://sdtimes.com/
Apache Community Notices:
- Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
- ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- ApacheCon: Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
- Apache in 2018 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2018Digits
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
- ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- Registration is open for ApacheCon North America 9-12 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- Spark + AI Summit 2019 will be held 15-17 October in Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
- CFP and Registration open for ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache Camel, Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
Posted at 02:55PM May 31, 2019 by Sally in Newsletter | |