The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 24 March 2017
Happy Friday! This week the Apache community has accomplished quite a bit:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 15 April 2017. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
- ASF Operations Summary - Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
Apache Community –our community is 6,000+ contributors strong! https://projects.apache.org/timelines.html
- Introducing the new Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ Do friend and follow us.
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield steady performance at 97.15% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –Tomorrow's Technology Today.
- Join us! 100+ sessions, 75+ speakers, 4 subconferences, BarCampApache and more. Learn the latest in Big Data, Cloud, Flex, IoT, Tomcat, and dozens of other leading Apache projects https://blogs.apache.org/conferences/entry/apachecon-tomorrow-s-software-today Sign up today and save $200!
- Become an Apache Community Sponsor at ApacheCon http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/sponsors/community-sponsor
Apache Gora™ –Open Source framework provides an in-memory data model and persistence for Big Data.
- Apache Gora 0.7 released http://gora.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Groovy™ –a powerful, optionally typed and dynamic language, with static-typing and static compilation capabilities, for the Java platform aimed at improving developer productivity thanks to a concise, familiar and easy to learn syntax.
- Apache Groovy 2.4.10 released http://www.groovy-lang.org/download.html
Apache Knox™ –a REST API Gateway for providing secure access to the data and processing resources of Apache Hadoop clusters.
- Apache Knox 0.12.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/knox/0.12.0
Apache Kudu™ –an Open Source storage engine for structured data which supports low-latency random access together with efficient analytical access patterns.
- Apache Kudu 1.3.0 released http://kudu.apache.org/releases/1.3.0/
Apache Mynewt (incubating) –a community-driven module OS for constrained, embedded applications.
- Apache Mynewt 1.0.0-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/incubator/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.0.0-incubating
Apache NiFi™ NAR Maven Plugin – helps to build NiFi Archive bundles (NARs) to support the class loader isolation model in NiFi.
- Apache NiFi nifi-nar-maven-plugin 1.2.0 released https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/nifi/nifi-nar-maven-plugin/1.2.0/
Apache OpenMeetings™ –provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.
- Apache OpenMeetings 3.2.1 released http://openmeetings.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache POI™ –APIs for manipulating various file formats based upon Open Office XML (ECMA-376) and Microsoft's OLE 2 Compound Document formats using pure Java; your Java Excel, Word and PowerPoint solution.
- CVE-2017-5644 - Possible DOS (Denial of Service) in Apache POI versions prior to 3.15 http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201703.mbox/%3CCABdJj54TM1tCzA1-YL51d%3DTSOtDQ2L0B87%2Bxbqe3Wur-7Du%2BVg%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Phoenix™ –enables OLTP and SQL-based operational analytics for Apache Hadoop
- Apache Phoenix 4.10 released http://phoenix.apache.org/download.html
Apache Streams –unifies a diverse world of digital profiles and online activities into common formats and vocabularies, and makes these datasets accessible across a variety of databases, devices, and platforms for streaming, browsing, search, sharing, and analytics use-cases.
-Apache Streams 0.5-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/streams/releases/0.5-incubating/
Apache Struts™ –an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java Web applications.
- Apache Struts 126.96.36.199 GA with Security Fix released http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts25101
- Apache Struts Extras secure Multipart plugins GA and GA - versions 1.1 released http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts-extras
Apache Tephra (incubating) –a transaction engine for distributed data stores like Apache HBase.
- Apache Tephra-0.11.0-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/tephra/0.11.0-incubating/src
Apache UIMA™ –a component architecture and framework for the analysis of unstructured content like text, video and audio data.
- Apache UIMA Java SDK 3.0.0-alpha02 released http://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-3.0.0-alpha02/version_3_users_guide.html
Did You Know?
- Did you know that you can help Apache projects and initiatives such as Commons, Community Development, Curator, DataFu (incubating), Directory, HTTP Web Server, JMeter, Mahout, OODT, OpenOffice, POI, Syncope, Tika, and more, ranging from "beginner" to "expert" levels? Check out the tasks listed at https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache Groovy is listed as one of the Top 25 programming languages on StackOverflow, and in the Top 10 of highest paid jobs? https://groovy.apache.org
- Did you know that the new Apache Incubator logo has been announced? https://blogs.apache.org/incubator/date/20170317
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" is a new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ
- We have been chosen as a Google Summer of Code (GSoC) Mentoring Organization for the 12th consecutive year --Apache Committer Mentors wanted! https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5416945173135360/
- Feedback from The Apache Software Foundation on the Free and Open Source Security Audit (FOSSA) https://s.apache.org/romf
- ASF Operations Summary - Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon North America + Apache: BigData, CloudStack Collaboration Conferenxe, FlexJS Summit, Apache: IoT, and TomcatCon will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #
Posted at 02:29PM Mar 24, 2017 by Sally in General | |