The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 28 December 2018
It's the last Round-up of the year --the past 12 months have been tremendous. Thank you to all who have contributed to our collective success. Here's to a great 2019!
Let's review what took place over the past week:
Support Apache –help offset our day-to-day operating expenses.
- We appreciate everyone who supported The ASF with a tax-deductible donation. Please make a year-end gift today: show your ongoing support and help keep Apache software for everyone. Every dollar counts! http://donate.apache.org
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 16 January. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series, now in its 20th year.
- CFP Now Open: Apache Roadshow Chicago 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/index.html
- Save the Date: ApacheCon North America 9-13 September in Las Vegas http://apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield polished performance at 98.64% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 247 Apache contributors changed 519,494 lines of code over 1,358 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Konstantin V Shvachko, Michael Osipov, Philippe Mouawad, and Thomas Andraschko.
Apache Flink™ –an Open Source stream processing framework for distributed, high-performing, always-available, and accurate Big Data streaming applications.
- Apache Flink 1.5.6, 1.6.3, and 1.7.1 released https://flink.apache.org/
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-faceted programming language for the JVM.
- Apache Groovy 2.5.5 released https://groovy.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ –the latest release of the newer JMS client supporting the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464), based around the Apache Qpid Proton protocol engine and implementing the AMQP JMS Mapping as it evolves at OASIS.
- Apache Qpid JMS 0.40.0 released http://qpid.apache.org
Apache Tika™ –a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and structured text content from various documents using existing parser libraries.
- Apache Tika 1.20 released https://tika.apache.org/
- [CVE-2018-17197] Apache Tika Denial of Service -- Infinite Loop in Tika's SQLite3Parser http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201812.mbox/%3CCAC1dCwWhYmbkxAvFKgGSFd_ffp5EeCimB2gBXTo%2B9-F7v6TSNQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache NetBeans (incubating) 10.0 is out? https://netbeans.apache.org/download/nb100/nb100.html
- Did you know that LeaseWeb uses Apache CloudStack as part of its private Cloud offering? http://cloudstack.apache.org/
- Did you know that once again, Apache Community Development (ComDev) will be helming the ASF booth, and dozens of Apache projects will be having a presence at FOSDEM 2-3 February/Brussels? https://fosdem.org/2019/
Apache Community Notices:
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
- ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit 18-21 March 2019 in Barcelona and 20-23 May 2019 in Washington DC https://dataworkssummit.com/
- Future dates for Spark + AI Summit 2019 announced: 23-25 April/San Francisco and 15-17 October/Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/- CFP Now Open: Apache Roadshow Chicago 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/index.html
- CFP now open for Berlin Buzzwords: 16-18 June 2019 https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- Save the date: ApacheCon North America 9-13 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #
Posted at 02:55PM Dec 28, 2018 by Sally in Newsletter | |