The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 13 January 2017
It's Friday! Here's what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
Success at Apache –the new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works".
- January's post: "All Carrot and No Stick" https://s.apache.org/ykoG
Notice: Apache Project Name Change –Apache Zest Renamed to Apache Polygene https://s.apache.org/4Klg
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 18 January 2017. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield swift performance at 99.65% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- CFP OPEN: Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon North America 16-18 May 2017/Miami http://apachecon.com/
- 2016/Seville's session recordings are being processed and posted at Feathercast http://feathercast.org
Apache Incubator –projects and communities intending to become fully-fledged projects under the auspices of The Apache Software Foundation do so through the Apache Incubator.
- Call for Entries --Apache Incubator Logo https://s.apache.org/rFii
Apache Beam™ –unified programming model for batch and streaming Big Data processing, handling data of any scale, and providing portability across multiple execution engines and environments.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache Beam as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/u67z
Apache Calcite™ –a dynamic data management framework.
- Apache Calcite 1.11.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/calcite/apache-calcite-1.11.0/
Apache CloudStack™ –an integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) software platform that allows users to build feature-rich public and private cloud environments.
- Apache CloudStack 184.108.40.206 released http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Eagle™ –intelligent Big Data monitoring and alerting solution in use at high volume, high demand Websites, platforms, and organizations such as eBay, PayPal, Dataguise, and YHD.com, among others.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache Eagle as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/lRU1
Apache HttpComponents™ Core – a set of low level HTTP transport components that can be used to build custom client and server side HTTP services with a minimal footprint.
- Apache HttpComponents Core 4.4.6 GA released http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.14.0 and 2.15.0, and Jackrabbit Oak 1.5.17 and 1.2.23 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
- Apache Tobago 3.0.0 released http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/
Apache OpenJPA™ –a Java persistence project that can be used as a stand-alone POJO persistence layer or integrated into any Java EE compliant container and many other lightweight frameworks, such as Tomcat and Spring.
- Apache OpenJPA 2.4.2 released http://openjpa.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache OpenMeetings™ –provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.
- Apache OpenMeetings 3.1.4 released http://openmeetings.apache.org/downloads.html
Did You Know?
- Did you know that hundreds of thousands of software solutions are distributed under the Apache License, with Web requests from every UN-recognized nation? http://apache.org/licenses/
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" is a new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". First article: Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V
- Feedback from The Apache Software Foundation on the Free and Open Source Security Audit (FOSSA) https://s.apache.org/romf
- ASF Operations Summary - Q2 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/oTOF
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, Zest, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon North America and Apache:BigData will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
# # #
Posted at 02:49PM Jan 13, 2017 by Sally in General | |