The Apache Software Foundation Blog
Call for Participation: Technical Talks -- ApacheCon North America 2010
KINDLY NOTE: THE CORRECT ADDRESS TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL IS cfp AT apachecon DOT com
ApacheCon North America 2010
1-5 November 2010 -- Westin Peachtree in Atlanta
Technical Tracks: Call For Participation
All submissions must be received by Friday, 28 May 2010 at midnight Pacific Time.
The official conference, trainings, and expo of The Apache Software Foundation (ASF) returns to Atlanta this November, with dozens of technical, business, and community-focused sessions at the beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels.
Over the past decade, the ASF has gone from strength to strength, developing and shepherding nearly 150 Top-Level Projects and new initiatives in the Apache Incubator and Labs. This year's ApacheCon celebrates how Apache technologies have sparked creativity, challenged processes, streamlined development, improved collaboration, launched businesses, bolstered economies, and improved lives.
We are proud of our achievements and recognize that the global Apache community --both developers and users-- are responsible for the success and popularity of our products.
The ApacheCon Planning Team are soliciting 50-minute technical presentations for the next conference, which will focus on the theme “Servers, the Cloud, and Innovation”.
We are particularly interested in highly-relevant, professionally-directed presentations that demonstrate specific probrlems and real-world solutions. Part of the technical program has already been planned; we welcome proposals based on the following Apache Projects and related technical areas:
- Content Technologies
- (Java) Enterprise Development
- Hadoop + friends/Cloud Computing
- Lucene, Mahout + friends/Search
Submissions are open to anyone with relevant expertise: ASF affiliation is not required to present at, attend, or otherwise participate in ApacheCon.
Please keep in mind that whilst we encourage submissions that the highlight the use of specific Apache solutions, we are unable to accept marketing/commercially-oriented presentations.
Other proposals, such as panels, or those longer than 50 minutes in duration have been considered in the past. You are welcome to submit an alternate presentation, however, such sessions are accepted under exceptional circumstances. Please be as descriptive as possible, including names/bios of proposed panelists and any related details.
All accepted speakers (not co-presenters) qualify for general conference admission and a minimum of two nights lodging at the conference hotel. Additional hotel nights and travel assistance are possible, depending on the number of presentations given and type of assistance needed.
To submit a presentation proposal, please send an email to cfp AT apachecon DOT com containing the following information in plaintext (no attachments, please):
1. Your full name, title, and organization
2. Contact information, including your address
3. The name of your proposed session (keep your title simple and relevant to the topic)
4. The technical category of the intended presentation (Cassandra/NoSQL; Content Technologies; (Java) Enterprise Development; Felix/OSGi; Geronimo; Hadoop + friends/Cloud Computing; Lucene, Mahout + friends/Search; Tomcat; or Tuscany)
5. The classification for each presentation (Servers, Cloud, or Innovation) – some presentations may have more than one theme (e.g., a next-generation server can be classified both as "Servers" and "Innovation"
6. The intended audience level (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
7. A 75-200 word overview of your presentation
8. A 100-200-word speaker bio that includes prior conference speaking or related experience
9. Feedback or references (with contact information) on presentations given within the last three years
To be considered, proposals must be received by Friday, 28 May 2010 at midnight Pacific Time. Please email any questions regarding proposal submissions to cfp AT apachecon DOT com.
Technical Tracks Key Dates
23 April 2010: Call For Participation Open
28 May 2010: Call For Participation Closes
11 June 2010: Speaker Acceptance/Rejection Notification
1-5 November 2010: ApacheCon NA 2010
We look forward to seeing you in Atlanta!
For the ApacheCon Planning team,
Sally Khudairi, Program Lead
Posted at 05:52PM Apr 28, 2010 by Sally Khudairi in ApacheCon | |