The Apache Software Foundation Blog
Apache Month in Review: November 2020
Welcome to the latest monthly overview of events from the Apache community. Here's a summary of what happened in November:
New this month --
- ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
-- ApacheCon@Home 2020 was a huge success https://blogs.apache.org/conferences/entry/apachecon-home-2020-was-a
-- Videos of all sessions, including Plenaries and Keynotes, are available https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
- Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q1 FY2021 (May - July 2020) https://s.apache.org/2mefr
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® TVM™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/59g4a
- "Inside Infra" – the interview series featuring members of the ASF Infrastructure team
-- Meet Gavin McDonald --Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
-- Meet Andrew Wetmore --Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew
- Apache Month in Review: October 2020 https://s.apache.org/Oct2020
Important Dates --
- Next Board Meeting: 16 December 2020. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
In November, 762 Apache Committers changed 11,586,940 lines of code over 14,829 commits. The Committers with the top 5 highest
contributions, in order, were: Jarek Potiuk, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Gary Gregory, Andrea Cosentino, and Kaxil Naik.
Project Releases and Updates --New releases from Apache APISIX (API); BookKeeper (Big Data); Commons VFS (Libraries); CXF(Libraries); HBase (Big Data); Jackrabbit (Content); Log4j (Libraries); Lucene (Search); Oak (Content); Qpid Proton (Messaging); ShardingSphere (Big Data); Shiro (Security Framework); Skywalking (Application Performance Management); Tomcat (Servers); Unomi (Data Management Platform); Wicket (Web Frameworks);
The Apache Incubator is the primary entry path for projects wishing to become an official part of the ASF. We invite you to review the many projects currently in development in the Apache Incubator http://incubator.apache.org/ . New releases from incubating podlings include: Apache Daffodil (Incubating; Libraries); NLPCraft (Incubating; Natural Language Processing); Tuweni (Incubating; Blockchain);
# # #
To see our Weekly News Round-ups (published every Friday), visit https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/ and click on the calendar or hop directly to https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/Newsletter . For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. We appreciate your support!
Posted at 01:33PM Dec 01, 2020 by Swapnil M Mane in General | |