The Apache Software Foundation Blog
Apache Month in Review: January 2021
Welcome to the latest monthly overview of events from the Apache community. Here's a summary of what happened in January:New this month --
- Apache in 2020 - By The Digits – a look at the achievements from the Apache Community over the past 12 months.
-- Summary and stats at https://s.apache.org/Apache2020Digits
-- Video highlights https://s.apache.org/Apache2020Digits-vid
- ASF Security Report 2020 – the annual state of security across all Apache projects https://s.apache.org/SecurityReport2020
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success – Apache is for Everyone. Every developer has their personal motivations for building software. We celebrate their right to choose when and how they build their software, including their right to use a non-open license. https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
-- Videos of all ApacheCon@Home sessions, including Plenaries and Keynotes, are available https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
- Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q2 FY2021 (August - October 2020) https://s.apache.org/Q2FY2021
- "Inside Infra" – the interview series featuring members of the ASF Infrastructure team
-- Meet Chris Lambertus --Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
- Apache Month in Review: December 2020 https://s.apache.org/Dec2020
Important Dates --
- Next Board Meeting: 17 February 2021. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
In January, 726 Apache Committers changed 11,011,714 lines of code over 14,708 commits. The Committers with the top 5 highest contributions, in order, were: Rohit Yadav, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Andrea Cosentino, Gary Gregory, and Mark Thomas.
Project Releases and Updates --New releases from Apache Accumulo (Big Data); Arrow (Big Data); Beam (Big Data); Camel (Integration); CloudStack (Cloud Computing); Commons Daemon (Libraries); Flink (Big Data); Guacamole (Network Client); Hadoop (Big Data); Ignite (Big Data); IoTDB (IoT); Jackrabbit (Content); JMeter (Testing); Nutch (Web Crawler); OFBiz (Enterprise Processes Automation / ERP); Oak (Content); Rya (Big Data); Qpid Broker (Messaging); ShardingSphere (Big Data); Skywalking (Application Performance Management); Tika (Big Data); Tomcat (Servers); Traffic Server (Servers).
Upcoming Apache Project community events include ESUP Days & Apereo Paris (2 February); Airflow Virtual Meetup (12 February); Joint ASF–OCG–OSGeo Code Sprint (17-19 February); and Big Data Technology Warsaw Summit (23 February).
The Apache Incubator is the primary entry path for projects wishing to become an official part of the ASF. New to the Apache Incubator in January: ECharts (Library) and Superset (Big Data). We invite you to review the many projects currently in development in the Apache Incubator http://incubator.apache.org/ .
# # #
To see our Weekly News Round-ups (published every Friday), visit https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/ and click on the calendar or hop directly to https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/Newsletter . For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. We appreciate your support!
Posted at 01:17PM Feb 01, 2021 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |