The Apache Software Foundation Blog
Apache Month in Review: February 2021
Welcome to the latest monthly overview of events from the Apache community. Here's a summary of what happened in February:New this month --
- Call for Apache project proposals and mentors: Outreachy Open Source internship program May-Aug 2021 https://s.apache.org/s7tz2
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® DataSketches™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/jhvqu
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Gobblin™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/df92k
- The Apache® Software Foundation Sustains its Mission of Providing Software for the Public Good through Corporate Sponsorships and Charitable Giving https://s.apache.org/8foo2
- Apache Month in Review: January 2021 https://s.apache.org/Jan2021
Important Dates --
- Next Board Meeting: 17 March 2021. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
In February, 718 Apache Committers changed 8,293,634 lines of code over 13,685 commits. The Committers with the top 5 highest contributions, in order, were: Andrea Cosentino, Gary Gregory, Claus Ibsen, Andi Huber, and Benoit Tellier.
Project Releases and Updates --New releases from Apache Airflow (Big Data); APISIX (API); Beam (Big Data); BookKeeper (Big Data); Camel (Integration); Commons NET (Libraries); Directory Studio (Network Client / Server); Druid (Big Data); Flink (Big Data); FreeMarker (Templating); HttpComponents (Servers); Lucene (Search); MyFaces (Web Frameworks); NiFi (Big Data); NLPCraft (Incubating; Natural Language Processing); PLC4X (IoT); Qpid Broker (Messaging); Qpid Dispatch (Messaging); Skywalking (Application Performance Management); Tomcat (Servers).
Apache Incubator is the primary entry path for projects wishing to become an official part of the ASF. EventMesh entered the Apache Incubator as a new podling this month. We invite you to review the many projects currently in development in the Apache Incubator http://incubator.apache.org/ .
# # #
To see our Weekly News Round-ups (published every Friday), visit https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/ and click on the calendar or hop directly to https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/Newsletter . For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. We appreciate your support!
Posted at 02:31PM Mar 01, 2021 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |