The Apache Software Foundation Blog
Apache Month in Review: February 2020
Welcome to the second monthly overview of events from the Apache community, brought to you by the just-released Apache Roller, v.6.0 (Roller is our blogging software that we use every day). Here's a summary of what happened in February:
New this month --
- Happy 25th Anniversary, Apache HTTP Server! http://httpd.apache.org/
- Happy 20th Anniversary, Apache Subversion! https://s.apache.org/ApacheSVN20
- "Success at Apache: Literally" by Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/xjcrj
- Apache Month in Review: January 2020 https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/date/20200205
Important Dates --
- Next Board Meeting: 18 March 2020. http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
- Apache Roadshow/DC 25 March --Registration Open; Sponsorships available-- topics include Apache Projects and CARE Initiatives, Cybersecurity, and Start‑Ups. Held in partnership with George Mason University https://www.apachecon.com/usroadshowdc20/
- Apache Roadshow/Chicago 18-19 May --CFP Open; Sponsorships available-- https://www.apachecon.com/chiroadshow20
- Apache Roadhshow/Seattle 10-12 June --Sponsorships available https://www.apachecon.com/searoadshow20
- ApacheCon North America/New Orleans 28 September-2 October --CFP Open; Sponsorships available-- tracks include Big Data, Cloud, Community, Content Delivery, FinTech, Geospatial, Graphing, IoT, Observability, Search, Servers, and more. https://www.apachecon.com/
Our seven-member Infrastructure team on three continents oversees our highly-reliable, distributed network under the leadership of VP Infrastructure David Nalley and Infrastructure Administrator Greg Stein. ASF Infrastructure supports 300+ Apache projects and their communities across ~200 individual machines, 1,400+ repositories, more than half a petabyte of software source releases, and 2-3M daily emails on 2,000+ lists. ASF Infra performs 7M+ weekly checks to ensure services are available around the clock. The average uptime in February was 99.91%.
Committer Activity --
In February, 773 Apache Committers changed 4,756,280 lines of code over 12,812 commits. The Committers with the top 5 highest contributions, in order, were: Andrea Cosentino, Paul J. Davis, Claus Ibsen, Duo Zhang, and Mark Thomas.
Project Releases and Updates --
New releases from Apache Arrow (Big Data); Avro (Big Data); Beam (Big Data); Commons (Libraries); DeltaSpike (Libraries); Flink (Big Data); Groovy (Programming Languages); Guacamole (Network-Client); HBase (Big Data); HttpComponents (Servers); Jackrabbit (Content); Kylin (Big Data); NiFi (Big Data); OFBiz (ERP); PDFBox (Content); POI (Content); Qpid (Messaging); Tomcat (Servers); Velocity (Libraries).
The Apache Incubator is the primary entry path for projects and codebases wishing to become part of the efforts at The Apache Software Foundation. Releases from incubating podlings include APISIX (Cloud-native microservices API gateway) and Milagro (Cryptography) ...also, welcome NLPCraft (Java API for NLU apps) as the latest podling undergoing development in the Apache Incubator http://incubator.apache.org/
# # #
To see our Weekly News Round-ups, visit https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/ and click on the calendar in the upper-right side (we publish every Friday). For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
Posted at 11:58PM Mar 01, 2020 by Sally Khudairi in Newsletter | |