The Apache Software Foundation Blog
Apache Month in Review: December 2020
Welcome to the latest monthly overview of events from the Apache community. Here's a summary of what happened in December:
Support Apache --
When we founded the ASF 21 years ago, we made a commitment to ensure Apache software is freely available to everyone worldwide at 100% no cost. Today the ASF provides more than $21B worth of software developed by an all-volunteer community.
- from Individual and Corporate donations to online shopping, Corporate Charitable Giving, Matching Gifts, and Sponsorship, There are many ways to help the ASF with a tax-deductible contribution https://s.apache.org/2020SupportApache
New this month --
- ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
-- Videos of all ApacheCon@Home sessions, including Plenaries and Keynotes, are available https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
- Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q2 FY2021 (August - October 2020) https://s.apache.org/Q2FY2021
- "Inside Infra" – the interview series featuring members of the ASF Infrastructure team
-- Meet Andrew Wetmore --Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
- Apache Month in Review: November 2020 https://s.apache.org/Nov2020
Important Dates --
- Next Board Meeting: 20 January 2021. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
In December, 837 Apache Committers changed 11,192,118 lines of code over 18,775 commits. The Committers with the top 5 highest contributions, in order, were: Andrea Cosentino, Xiang Xiao, Hugh Miles, Andi Huber, and Gary Gregory.
Project Releases and Updates --New releases from Apache Accumulo (Big Data); Airflow (Big Data); APISIX (API); Avro (Big Data); Beam (Big Data); Bigtop (Big Data); Camel (Integration); Flink (Big Data); Groovy (Programming Languages); HBase (Big Data); HttpComponents Core (Servers); IoTDB (IoT); Jackrabbit (Content); JMeter (Testing); JSPWiki (Content); Kafka (Big Data); Knox (Big Data); OpenMeetings (Web Conferencing); PDFBox (Content); Pulsar (Messaging); Rya (Big Data); ShardingSphere (Big Data); SINGA (Machine Learning); Skywalking (Application Performance Management); Struts (Web Frameworks); Syncope (Identity Management); Tika (Big Data); Tomcat (Servers); Traffic Control (Servers); Traffic Server (Servers); Yetus (Library).
The Apache Incubator is the primary entry path for projects wishing to become an official part of the ASF. New to the Apache Incubator in December: Wayang (Big Data). We invite you to review the many projects currently in development in the Apache Incubator http://incubator.apache.org/ .
# # #
To see our Weekly News Round-ups (published every Friday), visit https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/ and click on the calendar or hop directly to https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/Newsletter . For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. We appreciate your support!
Posted at 10:35AM Jan 01, 2021 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |