The Apache Software Foundation Blog
Apache Month in Review: April 2021
Welcome to the latest monthly overview of events from the Apache community. Here's a summary of what happened in April (video highlights available at https://youtu.be/EOA1L1PjCYg ):New this month --
- The Apache Software Foundation Welcomes 40 New Members https://s.apache.org/2021NewMembers
- ApacheCon™ (the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's
Technology Today since 1998) will be held twice in 2021: ApacheCon Asia
(6-8 August) and ApacheCon@Home (21-23 September). Registration and sponsorship opportunities at https://www.apachecon.com/ --CFP closes 3 May!
- New Sponsor Success at Apache post (the blog series that focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works", featuring insights and experiences from the perspective of select ASF Sponsors): "The Fork" by Wei Zhou https://s.apache.org/snobd
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® DolphinScheduler™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/yavpt
- The Apache Attic provides process and solutions when an Apache project has reached its end of life. 19 Apache projects --Apex, Aurora, Chukwa, Crunch, DRAT, Eagle, Forrest, Hama, Labs, Lens, Marmotta, Metron, Open Climate Workbench, PredictionIO, Sentry, Stanbol, Tajo, Twill, and VXQuery-- have retired in April http://attic.apache.org/
Important Dates --
- CFP closes for ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home: 3 May 2021 https://www.apachecon.com/
- Next Board Meeting: 19 May 2021. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
In April, 738 Apache Committers changed 8,108,869 lines of code over 13,898 commits. The Committers with the top 5 highest contributions, in
order, were: Andrea Cosentino, Mark Thomas, Shad Storhaug, Sebastian Rühl, and Stephen Mallette.
Project Releases and Updates --New releases from Apache Ant (Build Management); APISIX (API); Camel (Integration); Druid (Big Data); Flagon (Incubating; Libraries); Geode (Database); Groovy (Programming Languages); Hop (Incubating; Orchestration); Jackrabbit (Content); James (Mail); Kafka (Big Data); Karaf (Application Servers/Middleware); Maven (Build Management); MyFaces (Web Frameworks); MyNewt (Embedded OS); MXNet (Incubating; Libraries); OFBiz (Enterprise Processes Automation / ERP); OpenOffice (Content); Parquet (Big Data); PDFBox (Content); Qpid Proton (Messaging); Skywalking (Application Performance Management); Solr (Search); SpamAssassin (Mail); Syncope (Identity Management); Tika (Big Data); Tomcat (Servers); Traffic Server (Servers); Wicket (Web Frameworks); ZooKeeper (Databases).
Apache Incubator is the primary entry path for projects wishing to become an official part of the ASF. We invite you to review the many projects currently in development in the Apache Incubator, including recent additions in the advertising, Big Data, geospatial, machine learning, messaging, natural language understanding, orchestration, and scheduling categories http://incubator.apache.org/ .
# # #
To see our Weekly News Round-ups (published every Friday), visit https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/ and click on the calendar or hop directly to https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/Newsletter . For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. We appreciate your support!
Posted at 01:43PM May 01, 2021 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |