The Apache Software Foundation Blog
Apache in 2019 - By The Digits
What an accomplished year for The Apache Software Foundation: 2019 heralded 20 years of Open Source leadership "The Apache Way". Our rallying cry of "Community Over Code" informs everything we do, with billions worldwide benefiting from more than $20B worth of community-led software, provided 100% free-of-charge. Highlights include:
Apache Projects —https://projects.apache.org/
- Total number of projects + sub-projects - 339
- Top-Level Projects - 206
- Podlings in the Apache Incubator - 46
- ASF Committees (non-Projects) - 11
- Other groups, including operations/support - 60
- Apache Committers - 7,203 (7,038 active)
- ASF Members (individuals) - 765
- New Members elected - 40
Apache Projects/Code —https://projects.apache.org/statistics.html
3,081 Apache Committers changed 59,309,787 lines of code over 171,689 commits, with an all-time high of 12,250 individuals contributing to Apache projects this year.
More than 75% of contributors in 2019 were new to Apache
- Andrea Cosentino (3,841 commits; 588,217 lines changed)
- Tilman Hausherr (2,791 commits; 64,805 lines changed)
- Claus Ibsen (2,562 commits; 628,919 lines changed)
- Jean-Baptiste Onofré (2,498 commits; 81,563 lines changed)
- Mark Thomas (2,452 commits; 331,234 lines changed)
- NetBeans (8,354,466)
- OpenOffice (7,828,646)
- Flex (whiteboard: 5,233,277)
- Mynewt (core: 4,108.323)
- Flex (SDK: 3,933,522)
- Total number of mailing lists 1,399
- 19,385 authors sent 2,116,421 emails on 1,034,478 topics
Contributor License Agreements and Software Grants —https://www.apache.org/licenses/
- ICLAs - 759
- CCLAs - 34
- Grants - 40
The generous support of hundreds of individual donors and Sponsors helps offset the ASF's day-to-day operating expenses that include Infrastructure, Accounting, Legal, Fundraising, Marketing & Publicity, and other services.
ASF Sponsors provide financial backing for the ASF's operations.
- Platinum: Amazon Web Services, Cloudera, Comcast, Facebook, Google, Leaseweb, Microsoft, Pineapple Fund, Tencent, and Verizon Media.
- Gold: Anonymous, ARM, Bloomberg, Handshake, Huawei, IBM, Indeed, Union Investment, and Workday.
- Silver: Aetna, Alibaba Cloud Computing, Baidu, Budget Direct, Capital One, CarGurus, Cerner, Inspur, ODPi, Private Internet Access, Red Hat, and Target.
- Bronze: Airport Rentals, Bestecasinobonussen.nl, The Blog Starter, Bookmakers, Cash Store, Casino2k, Cloudsoft, The Economic Secretariat, Emerio, Footprints Recruiting, Gundry MD, HostChecka.com, HostingAdvice.com, Journal Review, LeoVegas Indian Online Casino, Host Advice, Mutuo Kredit AG, Online Holland Casino, ProPrivacy, PureVPN, RX-M, SCAMS.info, Site Builder Report, Start a Blog by Ryan Robinson, Talend, The Best VPN, Top10VPN, Twitter, and Web Hosting Secret Revealed.
- Targeted Platinum: CloudBees, DLA Piper, JetBrains, Microsoft, OSU Open Source Labs, Sonatype, and Verizon Media.
- Targeted Gold: Atlassian, The CrytpoFund, Datadog, PhoenixNAP, and Quenda.
- Targeted Silver: Amazon Web Services, HotWax Systems, and Rackspace.
- Targeted Bronze: Bintray, Education Networks of America, Google, Hopsie, No-IP, PagerDuty, Peregrine Computer Consultants Corporation, Sonic.net, SURFnet, and Virtru.
Collectively, our Members, Committers, contributors, users, supporters, and sponsors further our mission of providing Open Source software for the public good. Learn more about The Apache Software Foundation's activities in the FY2019 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
Help keep Apache software accessible to everyone: to sponsor or make a contribution* to the ASF, please visit http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
Here's to a brilliant 2020!
* The ASF is a US 501(c)(3) not-for-profit charitable organization, whose tax identification number is 47-0825376. The ASF is recognized by Charity Navigator and cited with the Gold Seal of Transparency by GuideStar.
# # #
Posted at 12:19PM Jan 01, 2020 by Sally Khudairi in Milestones | |