The Apache Software Foundation Blog
Apache in 2018 - By The Digits
- Total number of projects + sub-projects - 328 (not including Apache Labs initiatives)
- Top-Level Projects - 198
- Podlings in the Apache Incubator - 51
- Other groups, including operations/support - 62
- Apache Committers - 7,032 (6,693 active)
- ASF Members (individuals) - 730
- New Members elected - 44
3,208 Apache Committers changed 78,493,228 lines of code over 201,220 commits. We also welcomed 4,638 new code contributors and 15,861 new issue/pull request contributors.
Top 5 Apache Code Committers
- Andrea Cosentino (2,508 commits; 237,224 lines changed)
- Jean-Baptiste Onofré (2,098 commits; 1,208,851 lines changed)
- Duo Zhang (1,956 commits; 809,085 lines changed)
- Mark Thomas (1,823 commits; 179,883 lines changed)
- Tilman Hausherr (1,736 commits; 81,940 lines changed)
- OpenOffice (7,822,699)
- NetBeans (7,741,506)
- Flex (whiteboard: 5,233,722; SDK 3,933,522)
- Mynewt (documentation: 4,381.072)
- Hadoop (3,881,797)
- Total number of mailing lists 1,131
- 19,435 authors sent 1,497,005 emails on 505,793 topics
- ICLAs signed - 831
- CCLAs signed - 35
- Software Grants submitted - 25
Thank you to our hundreds of individual donors and Sponsors whose generous support helps offset the ASF's day-to-day operating expenses that include Infrastructure, Accounting, Fundraising, Marketing & Publicity, and more.
- Platinum: Cloudera, Comcast, Facebook, Google, LeaseWeb, Microsoft, Oath, Pineapple Fund, and Tencent Cloud.
- Gold: Anonymous, ARM, Bloomberg, Handshake, Hortonworks, Huawei, IBM, Indeed, Pivotal, and Union Investment.
- Silver: Aetna, Alibaba Cloud Computing, Baidu, Budget Direct, Capital One, Cerner, Inspur, ODPi, Private Internet Access, Red Hat, and Target.
- Bronze: Airport Rentals, Best VPN, The Blog Starter, Bookmakers, Cash Store, Casino Bonus, Casino2k, Cloudsoft, Emerio, Footprints Recruiting, HostChecka.com, HostingAdvice.com, HostPapa Web Hosting, The Linux Foundation, Mobile Slots, Mutuo Kredit AG, Online Holland Casino, RX-M, SCAMS.info, Site Builder Report, Talend, The Best VPN, Twitter, and Web Hosting Secret Revealed.
- Targeted Platinum: DLA Piper, Microsoft, Oath, OSU Open Source Labs, and Sonatype.
- Targeted Gold: Atlassian, The CrytpoFund, Datadog, PhoenixNAP, and Quenda.
- Targeted Silver: Amazon Web Services, HotWax Systems, and Rackspace.
- Targeted Bronze: Bintray, Education Networks of America, Google, Hopsie, No-IP, PagerDuty, Peregrine Computer Consultants Corporation, Sonic.net, SURFnet, and Virtru.
Together, our Members, Committers, contributors, users, supporters, and sponsors continue to build on our mission of providing Open Source software for the public good and are helping keep Apache software accessible to everyone.
Wishing you the best in 2019!
Posted at 07:30AM Jan 01, 2019 by Sally Khudairi in General | |