The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 17 June 2022
Happy Friday, everyone --here's what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- Sponsorships available for ApacheCon Asia - 29-31 July (online) and ApacheCon North America - 3-6 October (New Orleans) https://www.apachecon.com/
- Travel Assistance available for ApacheCon North America. Application deadline 1 July https://apache.org/travel/
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 July 2022. Running Board calendar and minutes are available.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF's Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 304 Apache Committers and 847 contributors changed 1,476,355 lines of code over 3,324 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Mark Thomas, Otavio R. Piske, Clebert Suconic, Harikrishna Patnala, and Robbie Gemmell.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.Big Data --
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Doris™ as a Top-Level Project
- Apache Flume 1.10.0 released
-- CVE-2022-25167: JMSSource does not protect from malicious JNDI URLs
- Apache XMLBeans 5.1.0 released
- Apache SeaTunnel (Incubating) 2.1.2 released
- Apache Hadoop
-- CVE-2021-37404: Heap buffer overflow in libhdfs native library
-- CVE-2021-33036: Privilege escalation vulnerability
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 2.21.11 released
- Apache SkyWalking Rover 0.2.0 released
- New Apache Airflow Providers released
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache CloudStack 4.17 features include IPv6 with static routing and zero downtime upgrades?
- Did you know that Apache SkyWalking has released 18 versions of various sub-projects in 2022 thus far?
- Did you know that Apache Camel 3.x features the ability to run standalone without the need for a runtime such as Apache Karaf?
Apache Community Notices
- ASF Annual Report: FY2021 (PDF)
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
- Presentations from 2021's ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works."
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, Planet Apache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 08:21PM Jun 20, 2022 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |