The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache Weekly News Round-up: week ending 3 December 2021
Welcome, December --we're opening the month with another great week. Here's what the Apache community has been up to:
Apache Month in Review – a round-up of our Round-ups and other newsworthy bits over the past month.
- November Month in Review
- Next Board Meeting: 15 December 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.74%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF's Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 286 Apache Committers changed 9,525,136 lines of code over 4,725 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Krist Wongsuphasawat, Jesse Yang, Yongjie Zhao, Gary Gregory, and Ville Brofeldt.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
- Apache Wicket 9.7.0 released
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the following Apache Projects are celebrating anniversaries this month? Congratulations to Apache Ant (19 years); HttpComponents (14 years); Attic, Buildr, CouchDB, and Qpid (13 years); Community Development (12 years); OODT and ZooKeeper (11 years); Kafka and Syncope (9 years); Ambari (8 years); BookKeeper and Drill (7 years); Brooklyn, Groovy, Kylin, and REEF (6 years); Geode (5 years); Guacamole and Impala (4 years); Griffin (3 years); Petri (2 years); Superset and TVM (1 year)!
- Did you know that Apache Hudi enables streaming of hundreds of terabytes of data into data lakes each day?
- Did you know that individual and corporate donations help the all-volunteer ASF continue to steward 350+ Apache Projects and their communities, and provide more than $22B worth of Apache software to the public good at 100% no charge? https://donate.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
- Presentations from 2021's ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works."
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Drew
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
...Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 02:50PM Dec 06, 2021 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |