The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache Weekly News Round-up: week ending 12 November 2021
Hello, everyone --let's review the Apache community's activities from over the past week:
Sponsor Success at Apache – the blog series that focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works", featuring insights and experiences from the perspective of select ASF Sponsors
- "Exploration and Practice of the Apache Way in Tencent" by Mark Shan
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 17 November 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.94%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF's Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 352 Apache Committers changed 11,730,654 lines of code over 3,823 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Krzysztof Kopyściński, Mark Thomas, Andrea Cosentino, Adam Kocoloski, and Tomaž Muraus.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Business Intelligence --
- Apache Superset CVE-2021-41972: Credentials leak
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.20.4 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.8.25 released
- Apache Traffic Control 6.0.1 released and CVE-2021-43350: LDAP filter injection vulnerability in Traffic Ops
- Apache Qpid Proton 0.36.0 released
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the Apache Unomi community will be holding their first Unomi developer MeetUp online and free of charge on 18 November?
- Did you know that the Apache Ignite community are preparing for the vote on v2.12, are redesigning their project Website, and will be kicking off Ignite Summit Cloud Edition 16 November? Catch up on a busy week ahead!
Apache Community Notices
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
- Presentations from 2021's ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works."
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Drew
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
...Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 02:46PM Nov 15, 2021 by Sally Khudairi in Newsletter | |