The Apache Software Foundation Blog
Apache Month in Review: October 2021
Welcome to the latest monthly overview of events from the Apache community. Here's a summary of what happened in October [video highlights available] :
New This Month --
- Apache Software Foundation moves to CDN distribution for software.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® OpenOffice® 4.1.11
- Presentations from ApacheCon 2021 events are available on the ASF's YouTube channel.
- Apache Month in Review: September 2021
Important Dates --
- Next Board Meeting: 17 November 2021. Board calendar and minutes
- Apache CloudStack Collaboration Conference 2021 - 8-12 November 2021
Committer Activity --
In October, 643 Apache Committers changed 47,071,028 lines of code over 11,309 commits. The Committers with the top 5 highest contributions, in order, were: Claus Ibsen, Andi Huber, Gary Gregory, Andrea Cosentino, and Alex Herbert.
Project Releases and Updates --
New releases from Apache Airflow (Big Data); Ant (Build Management); APISIX (API); Bigtop (Big Data); Calcite (Big Data); Camel (Integration); CouchDB (Big Data); DB (Database); Flink (Big Data); Geode (Database); HBase (Big Data); Hop (Orchestration); HttpComponents (Servers); HTTP Server (Servers); Jackrabbit (Content); James (Mail); Kyuubi (Incubating; Big Data); Log4cxx (Libraries); Lucene (Search); OpenMeetings (Web Conferencing); OpenOffice (Content); PLC4X (IoT); Qpid (Messaging); ShardingSphere (Big Data); ShenYu (Incubating; API); SIS (Geospatial); Skywalking (Application Performance Management); Solr (Search); Storm (Big Data); Syncope (Identity Management);Tomcat (Servers); Traffic Control (Servers); XMLBeans (Library).
Apache Project Anniversaries in October: Apache Ant (19 years); HttpComponents (14 years); Attic, Buildr, CouchDB, and Qpid (13 years); Community Development ("ComDev", 12 years); OODT and ZooKeeper (11 years); Kafka and Syncope (9 years); Ambari (8 years); BookKeeper, Drill, and MetaModel (7 years); Brooklyn, Groovy, Kylin, and REEF (6 years); Geode (5 years); Guacamole, Impala, and Mnemonic (4 years); Griffin (3 years); Petri (2 years); and Superset and TVM (1 year). Many happy returns!
The Apache Incubator is the primary entry path for projects wishing to become an official part of the ASF. More than three dozen projects are currently undergoing development in the Apache Incubator.
# # #
To see our Weekly News Round-ups (published every Friday), visit https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/ and click on the calendar or hop directly to https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/Newsletter . For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. We appreciate your support!
Posted at 07:53PM Nov 01, 2021 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 29 October 2021
Farewell, October --we're wrapping up the month with another great week. Here are the latest updates on the Apache community's activities:ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 17 November 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's
Technology Today since 1998.
- Our 2021 events are complete: thanks to all speakers, sponsors, participants, and planners for their great turnout!
- Presentations for ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the Apache Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 320 Apache Committers changed 12,061,492 lines of code over 2,610 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Tomaz Muraus, Udo Schnurpfeil, David Jencks, Claus Ibsen, and Konrad Windszus.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
- Apache ShenYu (incubating) 2.4.1 available
- Apache Geode 1.12.5 released
- Apache Qpid ProtonJ2 1.0.0-M3 released Servers --
- Apache HttpComponents Client 5.1.1 GA released
Did You Know?
- Did you know that organizations can support the ASF through one-time or recurring corporate contributions, matching gifts, and other corporate giving initiatives?
- Did you know that presentations from ApacheCon's 2021 events are available on the ASF's YouTube channel?
- Did you know that BNP Paribas uses Apache Ignite as a Hybrid Transactional-Analytical Processing solution?
Apache Community Notices
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
- Presentations from ApacheCon Asia are available on YouTube
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works."
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Drew
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
...Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 02:57PM Nov 01, 2021 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |