The Apache Software Foundation Blog
Apache Month in Review: March 2021
Welcome to the latest monthly overview of events from the Apache community. Here's a summary of what happened in March (video highlights available at https://s.apache.org/exppv):New this month --
- It's our anniversary! The Apache® Software Foundation Celebrates 22 Years of Open Source Leadership – world’s largest Open Source foundation advances community-led innovation "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/22ndAnniversay
- Announcing New ASF Board of Directors https://s.apache.org/NewBoard2021
- ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
-- CFPs open for ApacheCon@Home AND ApacheCon Asia https://www.apachecon.com/
-- Event Sponsorship available for both ApacheCon@Home and ApacheCon Asia https://www.apachecon.com/acah2021/2021_ApacheCon_prospectus.pdf
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Daffodil™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/18vob
Important Dates --
- Next Board Meeting: 21 April 2021. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
In March, 783 Apache Committers changed 12,041,653 lines of code over 16,037 commits. The Committers with the top 5 highest contributions, in
order, were: Andrea Cosentino, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Mark Thomas, Claus Ibsen, and Gary Gregory.
Project Releases and Updates --New releases from Apache APISIX (API); Avro (Big Data); Camel (Integration); CloudStack (Cloud Computing); Commons Lang and Numbers (Libraries); Daffodil (Libraries); Flink (Big Data); HttpComponents (Servers); Jackrabbit (Content); Karaf (Application Servers/Middleware); Log4j (Libraries); NetBeans (Integrated Development Environment); NiFi (Big Data); OFBiz (Enterprise Processes Automation / ERP); OpenMeetings (Web Conferencing); Parquet (Big Data); PDFBox (Content); Qpid JMS (Messaging); Skywalking (Application Performance Management); SpamAssassin (Mail); Teaclave (Incubating; Computing); Tomcat (Servers); Velocity (Library); XMLBeans (Library).
Apache Incubator is the primary entry path for projects wishing to become an official part of the ASF. We invite you to review the many projects currently in development in the Apache Incubator http://incubator.apache.org/ .
# # #
To see our Weekly News Round-ups (published every Friday), visit https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/ and click on the calendar or hop directly to https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/Newsletter . For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. We appreciate your support!
Posted at 12:45PM Apr 01, 2021 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |