The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 5 February 2021
Welcome, February --we're opening the month with another great week. Here's what the Apache community has been up to:ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q2 FY2021 (August - October 2020) https://s.apache.org/Q2FY2021
- Next Board Meeting: 17 February 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- videos from ApacheCon@Home presentations are available at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.99%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 402 Apache Committers changed 3,696,305 lines of code over 3,791 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Andrea Cosentino, Claus Ibsen, Andi Huber, and Christofer Dutz.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Application Performance Monitoring --
- Apache SkyWalking 8.4.0 released https://skywalking.apache.org/
- Apache Flink 1.10.3 released https://flink.apache.org/
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® DataSketches™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/jhvqu
- Apache Druid 0.20.1 released https://druid.apache.org/
- Apache Druid CVE-2021-25646: Remote code execution vulnerability https://s.apache.org/7tkex
- Apache Lucene 8.8.0 and Solr 8.8.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/
- Apache Tomcat 9.0.43 and 10.0.2 released https://tomcat.apache.org/
- Apache MyFaces Core 3.0.0 released http://myfaces.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries this month? Congratulations to Apache HTTP Server (26 years); Gump and Portals (17 years); Directory, MyFaces, and Xerces (16 years); Tapestry (15 years); Roller (14 years); Cassandra and Subversion (11 years); Chemistry (10 years); BVal and OpenNLP (9 years); Clerezza (8 years); Knox and Spark (7 years); DataFu (3 years); and Unomi (2 years) https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
- Did you know that Apache Arrow, Apache Ranger, and Apache Sentry power Dremio and Starburst, two of InfoWorld's 2021 Technology of the Year Award Winners? https://www.infoworld.com/article/3604653/infoworlds-2021-technology-of-the-year-award-winners.html
- Did you know that Apache DolphinScheduler (incubating) is used at China Telecom, IBM, Inspur, Lenovo, Tencent, Walmart, and dozens others for visual workflow scheduling? http://dolphinscheduler.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
- ASF Security Report 2020 https://s.apache.org/SecurityReport2020
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: 1 August - 31 October 2020 https://s.apache.org/Q2FY2021
- ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
- "Trillions and Trillions Served" documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) "Apache Everywhere" https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) "Why Apache" https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Drew
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
...Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
- ASF Targeted Sponsor Manning Publications is offering special deals on the latest books on Apache Airflow, Pulsar, Spark, and Thrift, among other titles and eBooks https://deals.manning.com/the-latest-apache-innovations/
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 10:59AM Feb 05, 2021 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |