The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 4 September 2020
Welcome, September! We've had a great week within the Apache community. Here's what happened:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 16 September 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- Registration is open (and free) for ApacheCon@Home 29 September - 1 October https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/
- Sponsorships available for ApacheCon@Home https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/sponsors.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.76%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 387 Apache Committers changed 2,230,138 lines of code over 3,461 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Mark Miller, Hervé Boutemy, Tellier Benoit, Andrea Cosentino, and Claus Ibsen.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.Content --
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.18.6 and Oak 1.8.23 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
- Apache Commons Codec 1.15 released http://commons.apache.org/codec/
- Apache Proton 0.32.0 released https://qpid.apache.org/
- Apache Lucene 8.6.2 and Solr 8.6.2 released http://lucene.apache.org/
Web Frameworks --
- Apache MyFaces Core 2.3-next-M4 released http://myfaces.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that details about the online/virtual format, presentation sessions, Apache projects and communities featured, schedule selection, languages available, sponsors, Slack channel & more are available at https://blogs.apache.org/conferences/entry/apachecon-home-2020-is-just ?
- Did you know that Target uses Apache Druid to ingest more than 3 trillion rows of data across 3,500+ data sources? http://druid.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache Kylin enables SQL developers and BI users to achieve sub-second response times for queries against petabytes of data? http://kylin.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
- Apache Month In Review: August 2020 https://s.apache.org/Aug2020
- ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
- "Trillions and Trillions Served" documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) "Apache Everywhere" https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) "Why Apache" https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
- The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniversary
- Apache in 2019 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet Christ Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris | Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Drew | Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg , Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 11:28AM Sep 04, 2020 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |