The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 8 May 2020
Greetings everyone --it's time to review the Apache community's activities from the past week:
Support Apache – help the ASF continue to provide $20B+ worth of software –at 100% no cost– for the public good https://s.apache.org/GivingTuesdayNow2020
Success at Apache – the monthly blog series that focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works".
- "Bringing the Apache Beam firefly to life" by Julián Bruno https://s.apache.org/bmq4l
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 May 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- Notice on Apache 2020 Conferences https://s.apache.org/zgm8m
- CFP EXTENDED for ApacheCon North America: submissions due 1 June https://www.apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.81%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 886 Apache contributors changed 15,655,389 lines of code over 3,437 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Manfred Moser, Mark Thomas, Claus Ibsen, Andrea Cosentino, and Andrija Panic.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data --
- Apache CouchDB 3.0.1 and 3.1.0 released https://couchdb.apache.org/
- Apache ZooKeeper 3.6.1 released https://zookeeper.apache.org/
Identity Management --
- Apache Syncope 2.0.15 and 2.1.6 released https://syncope.apache.org/
- Apache Qpid Dispatch 1.12.0 released https://qpid.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache projects support COVID-19 pandemic-related efforts in myriad ways, including training large-scale, distributed deep learning libraries over clusters of hospital machines? https://s.apache.org/GivingTuesdayNow2020
- Did you know that the community behind Apache TVM (incubating) --the ASF's first *hardware* oriented project (end-to-end open deep learning compiler stack)-- will be holding an online meetup on 21 May? https://twitter.com/ApacheTVM/status/1257745088186159104?s=20
- Did you know that you can jazz up your video-chat presence with swag from your favorite Apache projects? https://www.redbubble.com/people/comdev/shop --can't find your project? Grab the project logo from http://www.apache.org/logos/ and request it be added by emailing email@example.com!
Apache Community Notices:
- The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniversary
- Apache Month In Review: April 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/Apr2020
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2020 (November 2019 - January 2020) https://s.apache.org/r6s5u
- "Trillions and Trillions Served", the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions
- Apache in 2019 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August - October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
- ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- ApacheCon: Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Drew
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 05:38AM May 08, 2020 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |