The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 17 May 2019
Happy-happy Friday --let's take a look back at what the collective Apache community has been working on over the past week:
The Apache Software Foundation –the all-volunteer developers, stewards, and incubators of more than 350 Open Source projects and initiatives.
- Announcing changes in the ASF Board https://s.apache.org/rEAx [thank you, Jim Jagielski and Phil Steitz for your service on the Board of Directors. Welcome, Danny Angus and Ted Dunning as Board Members!]
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 17 June. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998
- EARLY Registration & Hotel Block open: ApacheCon North America/Las Vegas 9-12 September http://apachecon.com/
- CFP OPEN ApacheCon Europe/Berlin 22-24 October http://apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.93%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 446 Apache contributors changed 924,409 lines of code over 2,688 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Paul King, Andrea Cosentino, Duo Zhang, Claus Ibsen, and Hasan Hasan.
Apache Project Announcements –the latest updates by category.
Big Data --
- Apache Atlas 2.0.0 released https://atlas.apache.org/
- Apache Calcite Avatica 1.15.0 released https://calcite.apache.org/
- Apache Druid (incubating) 0.14.1 released http://druid.apache.org/
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.8.13 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org
- Apache Qpid Broker-J 7.1.3, Qpid JMS 0.42.0, and Qpid Proton 0.28.0 released http://qpid.apache.org
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.41 and 9.0.20 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
- [SECURITY] CVE-2019-0221 Apache Tomcat XSS in SSI printenv https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c726d441e7e0141ee87a486549a0634d652a3740521249b8b6473aea@%3Cannounce.apache.org%3E
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the CFP for ApacheCon Europe (22-24 October/Berlin) closes 26 May? https://www.apachecon.com/ We want to see your submissions!
- Did you know that the Apache Beam community will convene in Berlin 19-20 June for Beam Summit? https://beam.apache.org/blog/2019/05/11/beam-summit-europe-2019.html
- Did you know that Apache Directory LDAP API 2.0.0.AM3 is out? http://directory.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
- ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- ApacheCon: Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
- Apache in 2018 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2018Digits
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
- ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit in Washington DC 20-23 May 2019 https://dataworkssummit.com/
- CFP and Registration open for ApacheCon North America 9-12 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- Spark + AI Summit 2019 will be held 15-17 October in Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
- CFP and Registration open for ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache Camel, Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #
Posted at 12:20PM May 17, 2019 by Sally in Newsletter | |