The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 8 March 2019
Happy Friday! We hope you have had a great week. Let's review the Apache Community's achievements:
Success at Apache –the monthly blog series that focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works".
- Success at Apache: Growing with the ASF by Phil Steitz https://s.apache.org/NoXH
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 March. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series, now in its 21st year.
- MEDIA ALERT: The Apache Software Foundation to present on Apache software projects in government, cybersecurity, and more at Roadshow and Open Source Job Fair at George Mason University https://s.apache.org/oGww
- Join us: Apache Roadshow/DC and Open Source Career Fair 25 March 2019 http://www.apachecon.com/usroadshowdc19/
- Join us: Apache Roadshow/Chicago 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/
- CFP OPEN! ApacheCon North America 9-13 September in Las Vegas http://apachecon.com/
- Save the Date: ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October in Berlin http://www.apachecon.com/aceu19/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield 99.90% uptime. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 512 Apache contributors changed 947,385 lines of code over 3,146 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Ash Berlin-Taylor, Iñigo Goiri, Claus Ibsen, Eric Barnhill.
Apache Project Announcements –the latest updates by category.
- Apache Any23 2.3 released http://any23.apache.org/
- HttpComponents Core 5.0 beta7 released http://hc.apache.org/
- Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.4.0 released http://mxnet.incubator.apache.org/
- Apache Pulsar 2.3.0 released https://pulsar.apache.org/
- Apache Lucene CVE-2019-0192 Deserialization of untrusted data via jmx.serviceUrl in Apache Solr http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201903.mbox/%3CCAECwjAV1buZwg%2BMcV9EAQ19MeAWztPVJYD4zGK8kQdADFYij1w%40mail.gmail.com%3E
- Apache Tomcat 7.0.93 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
- CVE-2019-0187: Apache JMeter Missing client auth for RMI connection when distributed test is used http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201903.mbox/%3CCAH9fUpaUQaFbgY1Zh4OvKSL4wdvGAmVt%2Bn4fegibDoAxK5XARw%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Flink Forward San Francisco 2019 is promoting collaboration between Apache projects by are inviting 50 Apache Committers to attend for FREE? Use "ASFCommitters19" code PLUS your @apache.org email when registering at https://sf-2019.flink-forward.org/register
- Did you know that you can find all Apache Incubator projects from Amaterasu (Big Data) to Zipkin (microservices) at http://incubator.apache.org/ ?
- Did you know that the ASF is a Google Summer of Code (GSoC) mentoring organization for the 15th consecutive year?Applications are open http://community.apache.org/gsoc.html
Apache Community Notices:
- Apache in 2018 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2018Digits
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
- ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit 18-21 March 2019 in Barcelona and 20-23 May 2019 in Washington DC https://dataworkssummit.com/
- Future dates for Spark + AI Summit 2019 announced: 23-25 April/San Francisco and 15-17 October/Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
- CFP open for Berlin Buzzwords: 16-18 June 2019 https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- CFP open for ApacheCon North America 9-12 September 2019
- Save the date: ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #
Posted at 03:00PM Mar 08, 2019 by Sally in Newsletter | |