The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 11 January 2019
Happy Friday --with the year off to a hot start, we're picking up the pace with a new Top-Level Project, more events, and 80% more commits over the past 7 days. Let's take a look at what's happening with the Apache community:
Do you have a few minutes to help the ASF? In advance of our 20th Anniversary, we'd love your insight on The Apache Way. Our community is integral to our success, and we'd appreciate your feedback on this quick survey https://s.apache.org/oxTr
Success at Apache –a monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works".
- Success at Apache: Accidentally Finding Awesome by Daniel Ruggeri https://s.apache.org/e3is
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 16 January. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series, now in its 21st year.
- Join us: Apache Roadshow/DC and Open Source Career Fair at George Mason University 25 March 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- CFP Now Open: Apache Roadshow/Chicago 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/index.html
- Save the Date: ApacheCon North America 9-13 September in Las Vegas http://apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- NEW statistics and visualizations for 7M+ weekly checks: 99.95% uptime. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 440 Apache contributors changed 1,027,772 lines of code over 3,027 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Kaxil Naik, Ash Berlin-Taylor, Andrea Cosentino, Chesnay Schepler, and Tellier Benoit.
Apache Project Announcements –the latest updates by category.
Big Data --
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Airflow™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/LeeE
- Apache Flume 1.9.0 released http://flume.apache.org/
- Apache HBase 2.0.4 and 2.1.2 released https://hbase.apache.org/
Network Client/Server --
- Apache Guacamole 1.0.0 released http://guacamole.apache.org/
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.10.9 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
- Apache Qpid Broker-J 7.1.0 released http://qpid.apache.org
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries in January? Apache Cocoon, James, and Web Services (16 years); Lucene (14 years); ActiveMQ (12 years); Hadoop (11 years); River (8 years); Empire-db and Gora (7 years); OpenMeetings (6 years); Samza (4 years); Arrow (3 years); and Ranger (2 years). Many happy returns! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
- Did you know that blogs.apache.org is powered by Apache Roller? v5.2.2 just released today! http://roller.apache.org/
- Did you know that NTT, the world's fourth largest telecommunications company, built a Kappa architecture for network flows using Apache Kafka? http://kafka.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- Apache in 2018 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2018Digits
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
- ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- The ASF will be at FOSDEM 2-3 February/Brussels https://fosdem.org/2019/
- The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit 18-21 March 2019 in Barcelona and 20-23 May 2019 in Washington DC https://dataworkssummit.com/
- Future dates for Spark + AI Summit 2019 announced: 23-25 April/San Francisco and 15-17 October/Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/- CFP Now Open: Apache Roadshow Chicago 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/index.html
- CFP now open for Berlin Buzzwords: 16-18 June 2019 https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- Save the date: ApacheCon North America 9-13 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #
Posted at 02:57PM Jan 11, 2019 by Sally in General | |