The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 2 November 2018
The Apache community opens November with the following activities:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 21 November. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series, now in its 20th year.
- REGISTER for Apache Roadshow DC and free Open Source Job Fair http://www.apachecon.com/usroadshow18/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield pop performance at 99.01% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 555 Apache contributors changed 1,456,173 lines of code over 3,898 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Brahma Reddy Battula, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Tellier Benoit, Ashutosh Mestry, and Gary Gregory.
Apache Allura™ –an Open Source implementation of a software forge, a Web site that manages source code repositories, bug reports, discussions, wiki pages, blogs, and more for any number of individual projects.
- Apache Allura 1.10.0 released https://allura.apache.org/
Apache BVal™ –an implementation of the Java Bean Validation specification 2.0.
- Apache BVal 2.0.0 released http://bval.apache.org/
Apache Commons™ Configuration –Open Source software library that provides a generic configuration interface which enables an application to read configuration data from a variety of sources.
- Apache Commons Configuration 2.4 released http://commons.apache.org/
Apache Flink™ –an Open Source stream processing framework for distributed, high-performing, always-available, and accurate data streaming applications.
- Apache Flink 1.5.5 and 1.6.2 released https://flink.apache.org/
Apache HBase™ –an Open Source, distributed, versioned, non-relational database.
- Apache HBase 2.1.1 released https://hbase.apache.org/
Apache HttpComponents™ Client –a library for client-side HTTP communication built on HttpCore.
- Apache HttpComponents Client 5.0 beta2 released http://hc.apache.org/
Apache Juneau™ –a toolkit for marshalling POJOs to a wide variety of content types using a common framework, and for creating sophisticated self-documenting REST interfaces and microservices using very little code.
- Apache Juneau 7.2.1 released http://juneau.apache.org/
Apache Kudu™ –an Open Source storage engine for structured data that supports low-latency random access together with efficient analytical access patterns.
- Apache Kudu 1.8.0 released https://kudu.apache.org/
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data.
- Apache NiFi 1.8.0 released https://nifi.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ –a cross-platform messaging solution that implements the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP).
- Apache Qpid C++ 1.39.0 released https://qpid.apache.org
Apache Subversion® –popular Open Source version control system used by millions across an array of applications worldwide.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Subversion® v1.11.0 https://s.apache.org/N3fL
- Apache Subversion 1.11.0 released https://subversion.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
- [SECURITY] CVE-2018-11759 Apache Tomcat JK (mod_jk) Connector path traversal http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201810.mbox/%3C16a616e5-5245-f26a-a5a4-2752b2826703%40apache.org%3E
Apache XMLBeans™ –now sub-project of Apache POI, XMLBeans is a tool that allows access to the full power of XML in a Java friendly way.
- Apache XMLBeans 3.0.2 released https://xmlbeans.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache Maven 3.6.0 has been released? https://maven.apache.org/
- Did you know that all new projects, codebases, and communities wishing to become part of the ASF's efforts do so through the Apache Incubator? http://incubator.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache NetBeans (incubating) has 7.5 million lines of code and 1.5 million users? http://netbeans.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- ASF Operations Summary: Q1 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/qiKn
- ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/gK4Q
- Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Apache in 2017 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- CFP now open for Flink Forward China 21-22 December 2018 in Beijing https://china-2018.flink-forward.org/call-for-presentations-submit-talk/
- The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit 18-21 March 2019 in Barcelona and 20-23 May 2019 in Washington DC https://dataworkssummit.com/
- Future dates for Spark + AI Summit 2019 announced: 23-25 April/San Francisco and 15-17 October/Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
- Block your calendars for ApacheCon North America: taking place in September 2019; announcing dates and details soon. http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #
Posted at 02:17PM Nov 02, 2018 by Sally in Newsletter | |