The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 10 August 2018
Another lovely week draws to a close. Here's what the Apache community has been up to:
Success at Apache –a monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works".
- The Apache Legal Shield - A Pragmatic View, by Bertrand Delacrétaz https://s.apache.org/tmi6
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 15 August. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series. Celebrating 20 years of community-led programming.
- 24-27 September: Join us in Montreal! Discounted hotel room rates are filling quickly --register today http://apachecon.com/acna18/
- 8 October: Apache Roadshow and Open Source Job Fair/Fairfax, VA --Save The Date!
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield really nice performance at 97.66% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 399 Apache contributors changed 786,435 lines of code over 2,144 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Stephen Mallette, Wes McKinney, Oleg Kalnichevski, and Clebert Suconic.
Apache Commons™ Configuration –software library that provides a generic configuration interface which enables an application to read configuration data from a variety of sources.
- Apache Commons Configuration 2.3 released http://commons.apache.org/
Apache CouchDB™ –easy to use, Open Source database software with a scalable architecture.
- Apache CouchDB 2.2.0 released https://couchdb.apache.org/
Apache Flink™ –an Open Source stream processing framework for distributed, high-performing, always-available, and accurate data streaming applications.
- Apache Flink 1.6.0 released https://flink.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.16.3 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.8.6 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Kafka™ –distributed, fault tolerant, publish-subscribe messaging.
- Apache Kafka 2.0.0 released https://kafka.apache.org/
Apache Pulsar (incubating) –a highly scalable, low latency messaging streaming platform running on commodity hardware.
- Apache Pulsar 2.1.0-incubating released https://pulsar.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ Proton –a messaging library for the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0.
- Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.27.3 and 0.28.1 released http://qpid.apache.org/
Apache ServiceComb (incubating) –a Restful based service-registry that provides micro-services discovery and micro-service management.
- Apache ServiceComb Service-Center 1.0.0 and ServiceComb Java-Chassis version 1.0.0 released http://servicecomb.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
- CVE-2018-8037 Apache Tomcat - Information Disclosure http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201808.mbox/%3C0c616b4d-4e81-e7f8-b81d-1bb4c575aa33%40apache.org%3E
Apache Traffic Server™ – a high-performance Web proxy cache that improves network efficiency and performance by caching frequently-accessed information at the edge of the network.
- Apache Traffic Server 6.2.3 and 7.1.4 released http://trafficserver.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache Community Development publish a monthly blog? Catch up on all their activities at https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/entry/community-development-news-july-2018
- Did you know that you can easily help promote ApacheCon? http://www.apachecon.com/acna18/banners/
- Did you know that Thomas Cook Group subsidiary Club18-30.com and Ghent University use Apache Wicket? http://wicket.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/gK4Q
- Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Apache in 2017 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- ApacheCon North America will be held 24-27 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
- Save the Date: Apache Roadshow DC and Open Source/Government/Cyber/Job Fair - 8 October 2018 in Fairfax, VA http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #
Posted at 01:42PM Aug 10, 2018 by Sally in Newsletter | |