The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 3 August 2018
Welcome, August! We hope you have had a great week. Let's take a peek at what the Apache community has been up to:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 15 August. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series. Join us!
- 24-27 September: Register for ApacheCon/Montreal today! Discounted sleeping room rates are available through 24 August, but are filling quickly http://apachecon.com/acna18/
+ event updates https://blogs.apache.org/conferences/entry/apachecon-north-america-2018-announcements
- 8 October: Apache Roadshow and Open Source Job Fair/Fairfax, VA --Save The Date!
- Media and Community Partner opportunities available for *all* official Apache events: drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org to help.
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield hootin' performance at 96.35% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 843 Apache contributors changed 1,072,661 lines of code over 3,759 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Stephen Mallette, Masaori Koshiba, mxnet-ci, Gary Gregory, and Chris Brody.
Apache Flink™ –an Open Source stream processing framework for distributed, high-performing, always-available, and accurate data streaming applications.
- Apache Flink 1.5.2 released https://flink.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.17.5 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.6.13 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Kafka™ –distributed, fault tolerant, publish-subscribe messaging.
- Apache Kafka 2.0.0 released https://kafka.apache.org/
Apache Knox™ –a REST API gateway for interacting with Apache Hadoop clusters.
- Apache Knox 1.1.0 released http://knox.apache.org/
Apache NetBeans (incubating) –a development environment, tooling platform and application framework.
- Apache NetBeans 9.0 released https://netbeans.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries this month? jUDDI (8 years); Any23, Lucene.Net, and Oozie (6 years); Ignite, Lens, Serf, and Usergrid (6 years) --many happy returns! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
- Did you know that you can easily help promote ApacheCon? http://www.apachecon.com/acna18/banners/
- Did you know that Apache Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, and many others are holding community events this week? http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
Apache Community Notices:
- ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/gK4Q
- Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Apache in 2017 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- ApacheCon North America will be held 24-27 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
- Save the Date: Apache Roadshow DC and Open Source/Government/Cyber/Job Fair - 8 October 2018 in Fairfax, VA http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #
Posted at 04:22PM Aug 03, 2018 by Sally in Newsletter | |