The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 8 June 2018
The week has skipped by, and the Apache community has been active with the following projects:
Success at Apache –a monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works".
- The Chance to Influence the World by Weiwei Yang https://s.apache.org/MfuS
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 June. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series.
- 11-14 June: Apache Roadshow Europe/Berlin --co-located within FOSS Backstage https://foss-backstage.de/
- 24-27 September: ApacheCon North America/Montreal http://apachecon.com/acna18/
- 8 October: Apache Roadshow and Open Source Job Fair/Fairfax, VA --Save The Date!
- We are seeking Media and Community Partners for ApacheCon: contact email@example.com for details.
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield smashing performance at 99.74% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 473 Apache contributors changed 712,261 lines of code over 2,857 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Robert Butts, Nick Couchman, Daniel Sun, and Colm O hEigeartaigh.
Apache Atlas™ –a scalable and extensible set of core foundational governance services.
- Apache Atlas 1.0.0 released http://atlas.apache.org/
Apache Commons™ Compress –defines an API for working with compression and archive formats.
- Apache Commons Compress 1.17 released http://commons.apache.org/
Apache Ignite™ –an In-Memory Data Fabric providing in-memory data caching, partitioning, processing, and querying components.
- [CVE-2014-0114]: Apache Ignite is vulnerable to existing CVE-2014-0114 http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201806.mbox/%3CCAK0qHnrDU3PVMWdeBEZjatHGjiB8SBbmk1UMuPEphvMuCHkbhA%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.10.8 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache JSPWiki™ –a feature-rich and extensible WikiWiki engine built around the standard JEE components (Java, servlets, JSP).
- Apache JSPWiki 2.10.4 released http://jspwiki.apache.org/
Apache MINA™ –a network application framework that helps users easily develop high performance and high scalability network applications.
- Apache MINA 2.0.18 released http://mina.apache.org/
Apache NiFi™ MiNiFi –a subproject of Apache NiFi that is a complementary data collection approach that supplements the core tenets of NiFi in dataflow management, focusing on the collection of data at the source of its creation.
- Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.5.0 released https://nifi.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ Broker –implements the latest AMQP specification, the first open standard for enterprise messaging, and provides transaction management, queuing, distribution, security, management, clustering, federation and heterogeneous multi-platform support and more.
- Apache Qpid Broker-J 7.0.4 released https://qpid.apache.org/
Apache Storm™ –a distributed, fault-tolerant, and high-performance realtime computation system that provides strong guarantees on the processing of data.
- Apache Storm 1.1.3 and 1.2.2 released http://storm.apache.org/
Apache Traffic Control™ –Open Source Content Delivery Network used by Cisco, Comcast, Cox, Qwilt, and others serves 30+ petabytes of content each day.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Traffic Control™ as a Top-Level Project
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache Mynewt is the ASF's first operating system for building, deploying, and securely managing billions of devices? Yes: Apache has IoT projects! http://mynewt.apache.org/
- Did you know that you can see the roster of committers on Apache projects at http://home.apache.org/ ?
- Did you know that next week is All Apache Week in Berlin? Starting with Berlin Buzzwords, followed by Apache Roadshow Europe, co-located with FOSS Backstage? https://berlinbuzzwords.de/ https://foss-backstage.de/ http://apachecon.com/
Apache Community Notices:
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/gK4Q
- Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Apache in 2017 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- We're teaming up the Apache Roadshow Europe with Berlin Buzzwords - 10-12 June 2018 (Apache Lounge dates: 11-12 June) https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- The 2018 Apache EU Roadshow will be held during FOSS Backstage in Berlin 13-14 June 2018 https://foss-backstage.de/
- Apache Big Data project communities will be participating at DataWorks Summit 17-21 June 2018 in San Jose https://dataworkssummit.com/
- ApacheCon North America will be held 24-27 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
- Save the Date: Apache Roadshow DC and Open Source/Government/Cyber/Job Fair - 8 October 2018 in Fairfax, VA http://apachecon.com/
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary: November 2017 - January 2018 https://s.apache.org/UtBD
- ASF FY 2017 Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #
Posted at 04:05PM Jun 08, 2018 by Sally in Newsletter | |