The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 18 May 2018
Hey, Friday: we've had a productive week in ApacheLand! Let's take a look at our achievements:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 June. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series.
- Apache Roadshow Europe/Berlin 11-14 June/Berlin --register for FOSS Backstage and you're in! https://foss-backstage.de/
- The Apache® Software Foundation Announces Agenda, Keynotes, and Sponsors for ApacheCon™ North America 2018 https://s.apache.org/jNcd
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield clicking performance at 99.80% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 521 Apache contributors changed 916,566 lines of code over 3,115 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Zhang Duo, Gary Gregory, Daniel Sun, Mark Thomas, and Hervé Boutemy.
Apache Accumulo™ –a sorted, distributed key/value store that provides robust, scalable data storage and retrieval.
- Apache Accumulo 1.9.1 released http://accumulo.apache.org
Apache Apache Daffodil (incubating) –an implementation of the Data Format Description Language (DFDL) used to convert between fixed format data and XML/JSON.
- Apache Daffodil (incubating) 2.1.0 released https://daffodil.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.17.3 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.8.3 and 1.9.1 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 7.0.88 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
- CVE-2018-8014 Insecure defaults for CORS filter http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201805.mbox/%3Ccb3c84a5-b3e7-2bfa-ba56-b97ecd934634%40apache.org%3E
Did You Know?
- Did you know that CERN uses Apache Hadoop, Avro, and Parquet to process and store 12.3 PB of data per month? https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?category
- Did you know that Salesforce, Twitter, and Yahoo use Apache BookKeeper to store streaming data? http://bookkeeper.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache Cordova is a popular hybrid mobile application development framework? https://cordova.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/gK4Q
- Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Apache in 2017 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Open Expo Europe - 6-7 June 2018 in Madrid https://openexpoeurope.com/
- Meet members of the Apache community at Open Expo Madrid 6-7 June 2018 http://www.openexpo.es/en/
- We're teaming up the Apache Roadshow Europe with Berlin Buzzwords - 10-12 June 2018 (Apache Lounge dates: 11-12 June) https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- The 2018 Apache EU Roadshow will be held during FOSS Backstage in Berlin 13-14 June 2018 https://foss-backstage.de/
- Apache Big Data project communities will be participating at DataWorks Summit 17-21 June 2018 in San Jose https://dataworkssummit.com/
- ApacheCon North America will be held 24-27 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
- Save the Date: Apache Roadshow DC and Open Source/Government/Cyber/Job Fair - 8 October 2018 in Fairfax, VA http://apachecon.com/
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary: November 2017 - January 2018 https://s.apache.org/UtBD
- ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #
Posted at 12:42PM May 18, 2018 by Sally in General | |