The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 6 April 2018
Here comes April with quite a few Apache activities:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 18 April. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series.
- Three official Apache events will be taking place this year: 1) Apache Roadshow Europe/Berlin; 2) ApacheCon North America/Montreal; and 3) Apache Roadshow and Job Far/Fairfax http://apachecon.com/
- Travel Assistance applications now being accepted for ApacheCon/Montreal https://www.apache.org/travel/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield smashing "four nines" performance at 99.99% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 528 Apache contributors changed 1,006,554 lines of code over 3,263 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Carlos Sanchez Gonzalez, Daniel Sun, Paul King, Karl Heinz Marbaise, and Matt Sicker.
Apache FreeMarker™ –a template engine: a Java library to generate text output (HTML web pages, e-mails, configuration files, source code, etc.) based on templates and changing data.
- Apache FreeMarker 2.3.28 released https://freemarker.apache.org/
Apache Hive™ –Big Data warehouse software that facilitates querying and managing large datasets residing in distributed storage.
- [SECURITY] CVE-2018-1315 'COPY FROM FTP' statement in HPL/SQL can write to arbitrary location if the FTP server is compromised http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201804.mbox/%3CCABDpyChQXi-JSh%3DbytOLsdq7o%2BeSst6hU_s8RN4jQoPzLR2vLQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E
- [SECURITY] CVE-2018-1282 JDBC driver is susceptible to SQL injection attack if the input parameters are not properly cleaned http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201804.mbox/%3CCABDpyCjSKaT9bVNajr0L52b_abuxHL0xWLB%3D5%2B%2BytUzD_JyCRg%40mail.gmail.com%3E
- [SECURITY] CVE-2018-1284: Hive UDF series UDFXPathXXXX allow users to pass carefully crafted XML to access arbitrary files http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201804.mbox/%3CCABDpyChmEOPSBAxb%2BipyGVfhuS4Zq%2Bw0CFn-EANy%2B_TD0o-8%2Bw%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.4.21 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Lucene™ Solr™ –an Open Source enterprise search server based on the Lucene Java search library.
- Reference Guide for Solr 7.3 released https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_3
Apache Qpid™ –a cross-platform messaging solution that implements the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol.
- Apache Qpid C++ 1.38.0, Qpid Proton 0.22.0, Qpid Broker-J 7.0.3, and Apache Qpid for Java 6.1.6 released http://qpid.apache.org/
Apache ServiceComb (incubating) –a Restful based service-registry that provides micro-services discovery and micro-service management.
- Apache Service-Center (incubating) 0.1.0, 1.0.0-m1 and Apache ServiceComb Java-Chassis (incubating) version 1.0.0-m1 released http://servicecomb.incubator.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries this month? CXF (10 yrs); Avro, HBase, Mahout, Nutch, Tika, and Traffic Server (8 yrs); Creadur and Jena (6 yrs); DeltaSpike (5 yrs); ORC and Parquet (3 yrs); Apex, AsterixDB, and Johnzon (2 yrs); and CarbonData, Fineract, and Metron (1 yr) --many happy returns! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
- Did you know that Microsoft Azure's CosmosDB supports Apache Tinkerpop's graph traversal language? http://tinkerpop.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache NetBeans Day UK will take place 2 April 2018? https://jaxenter.com/netbeans/apache-netbeans-day-uk-2018
- The Apache®Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/gK4Q
- Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
- A look at the "Apache at 19" promo at https://youtu.be/Fqk_rlKiVIs
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Apache in 2017 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Members of the Apache community will be presenting at DataWorks Summit 16-19 April 2018 in Berlin https://dataworkssummit.com/
- Open Expo Europe - 6-7 June 2018 in Madrid https://openexpoeurope.com/
- Meet members of the Apache community at Open Expo Madrid 6-7 June 2018 http://www.openexpo.es/en/
- We're teaming up the Apache Roadshow Europe with Berlin Buzzwords - 10-12 June 2018 (Apache Lounge dates: 11-12 June) https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- The 2018 Apache EU Roadshow will be held during FOSS Backstage in Berlin 13-14 June 2018 https://foss-backstage.de/
- Apache Big Data project communities will be participating at DataWorks Summit 17-21 June 2018 in San Jose https://dataworkssummit.com/
- ApacheCon North America will be held 24-29 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
- Save the Date: Apache Roadshow DC and Open Source/Government/Cyber/Job Fair - 8 October 2018 in Fairfax, VA http://apachecon.com/
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary: November 2017 - January 2018 https://s.apache.org/UtBD
- ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #
Posted at 01:27PM Apr 06, 2018 by Sally in General | |