The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 23 March 2018
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Welcome new ASF Board of Directors http://s.apache.org/Opxf
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: November 2017 - January 2018 https://s.apache.org/UtBD
- Next Board Meeting: 18 April. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series.
- ONE WEEK LEFT: CFP for ApacheCon 24-29 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
- Welcome CloudStack Collaboration Conference and Geospatial Track to ApacheCon ...we look forward to seeing your Apache communities there too!
- Travel Assistance applications now being accepted for ApacheCon/Montreal https://www.apache.org/travel/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield stupendous performance at 99.97% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 555 Apache contributors changed 961,293 lines of code over 3,660 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: James Clampffer, Carlos Sanchez Gonzalez, Andrea Cosentino, Claus Ibsen, and Hanisha Koneru.
Apache Calcite™ –a framework for writing data management systems.
- Apache Calcite 1.16.0 released https://calcite.apache.org/
Apache Drill™ – a distributed MPP query layer that supports SQL and alternative query languages against NoSQL and Apache Hadoop data storage systems.
- Apache Drill 1.13.0 released https://drill.apache.org/
Apache HAWQ (incubating) –an advanced enterprise SQL on Apache Hadoop analytic engine.
- Apache HAWQ 188.8.131.52-incubating released http://hawq.apache.org/
Apache Log4j™ –a well-known framework for logging application behavior.
- Apache Log4j2 2.11.0 released https://logging.apache.org/log4j/
Apache MINA™ –a network application framework that helps users easily develop high performance and high scalability network applications.
- Apache MINA 2.0.17 released http://mina.apache.org/
Apache ODE™ –a WS-BPEL 1.1/2.0 compliant Web Services orchestration engine.
- Apache ODE 1.3.8 released http://ode.apache.org/
Apache Struts™ –an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java Web applications.
- Apache Struts 2.5.16 GA released http://struts.apache.org/
Apache Syncope™ –an Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments, implemented in Java EE technology.
- Apache Syncope 1.2.11 and 2.0.8 released http://syncope.apache.org/
- CVE-2018-1321: Remote code execution by administrators with report and template entitlements http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201803.mbox/%3C2412ad22-6e9a-04f4-996f-9f061b678b01%40apache.org%3E
- CVE-2018-1322: Information disclosure via FIQL and ORDER BY sorting http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201803.mbox/%3Cc4057b57-bfac-7765-2a0a-4e726674ceef%40apache.org%3E
Apache Trafodion™ –a Web-scale SQL-on-Hadoop solution enabling transactional or operational workloads on Apache Hadoop.
- Apache Trafodion 2.2.0 released https://trafodion.apache.org/
Apache UIMA™ DUCC –a component framework supporting development, discovery, composition, and deployment of multi-modal analytics tasked with the analysis of unstructured information. Distributed UIMA Cluster Computing.
- Apache UIMA DUCC 2.2.2 released https://uima.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Netflix run 400 microservices with 33,000 network connections per broker using Apache Kafka? http://kafka.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache CouchDB run a weekly news series? Catch up today at https://blog.couchdb.org/
- Did you know that Apache Airflow (incubating) has a podcast series? https://soundcloud.com/the-airflow-podcast/
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Apache in 2017 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Members of the Apache community will be presenting at DataWorks Summit 16-19 April 2018 in Berlin https://dataworkssummit.com/
- Open Expo Europe - 6-7 June 2018 in Madrid https://openexpoeurope.com/
- Meet members of the Apache community at Open Expo Madrid 6-7 June 2018 http://www.openexpo.es/en/
- We're teaming up with Berlin Buzzwords - 10-12 June 2018 (Apache Lounge dates: 11-12 June) https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- The 2018 Apache EU Roadshow will be held during FOSS Backstage in Berlin 13-14 June 2018 https://foss-backstage.de/
- Apache Big Data project communities will be participating at DataWorks Summit 17-21 June 2018 in San Jose https://dataworkssummit.com/
- ApacheCon North America will be held 24-29 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/ **CFP IS OPEN!**
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary Q2 FY2018 https://s.apache.org/j1GJ
- ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #
Posted at 12:19PM Mar 23, 2018 by Sally in General | |