The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 8 December 2017
Support Apache –Corporate Giving programs often have end-of-year philanthropic goals: if your employer has a Matching Gifts program, please consider adding The Apache Software Foundation to your list of beneficiary organizations to increase your donations and their tax deduction. Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 December. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: August - October 2017 https://s.apache.org/j1GJ
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield smashing performance at 99.88% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 91 Apache contributors changed 98,334 lines of code over 433 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Attila Doroszlai, Mark Thomas, Antoine Duprat, Wenchen Fan, and Francesco Chicchiriccò.
Apache HttpComponents™ Client –a library for client-side HTTP communication.
- HttpComponents Client 4.5.4 GA released http://hc.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.6.7 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache MXNet (incubating) –a deep learning framework designed for both efficiency and flexibility.
- Apache MXNet 1.0.0 released http://mxnet.incubator.apache.org/
Apache NiFi™ MiNiFi –a subproject of Apache NiFi (supports powerful and scalable directed graphs of data routing, transformation, and system mediation logic).
- Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.3.0 released https://nifi.apache.org/minifi
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the investigation into the Paradise Papers was made possible using Apache Tika to extract and process document metadata, and Apache Solr to index the documents? http://tika.apache.org/ and http://lucene.apache.org/solr/
- Did you know that the Apache Mynewt embedded OS is optimized for networking and built for remote management of constrained devices? http://mynewt.apache.org/
- Did you know that UK's Funding Circle uses Apache Kafka's Streams API to process millions of dollars' worth of financial transactions in real-time with low latency and high performance? http://kafka.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community https://s.apache.org/x9Be 8) Meritocracy. https://s.apache.org/DiEo 9) Lowering Barriers to Open Innovation https://s.apache.org/dAlg 10) All My Roads Led to Apache https://s.apache.org/l9OO 11) Scratch Your Own Itch. https://s.apache.org/7Amk
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Meet members of the Apache community at Open Expo Madrid 6-7 June 2018 http://www.openexpo.es/en/
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary Q2 FY2018 https://s.apache.org/j1GJ
- ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #
Posted at 03:48PM Dec 08, 2017 by Sally in General | |