The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 15 September 2017
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 September. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary Q1 FY2018 https://s.apache.org/cEUm
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield smashing performance at 99.87% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 567 Committers changed 1,517,515 lines of code over 3,632 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jian Hel; Claus Ibsen; Mingmin Xu; Paul J. Davis; and Daniel Sun.
Apache CloudStack™ –an integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) software platform that allows users to build feature-rich public and private Cloud environments.
- Apache CloudStack 126.96.36.199 (LTS) released http://cloudstack.apache.org/
Apache CXF™ –an Open Source framework for building and developing services using frontend programming APIs like JAX-WS and JAX-RS.
- Apache CXF 3.2.0 released http://cxf.apache.org/
Apache Directory™ Studio –a complete directory tooling platform intended to be used with any LDAP server however it is particularly designed for use with ApacheDS.
- Apache Directory Studio 2.0-0-M13 released http://directory.apache.org/studio/
Apache HttpComponents™ Core –a set of low level HTTP transport components that can be used to build custom client and server side HTTP services with a minimal footprint.
- Apache HttpComponents Core 4.4.7 released http://hc.apache.org/
Apache Impala (incubating) –a high-performance C++ and Java SQL query engine for data stored in Apache Hadoop-based clusters.
- Apache Impala (incubating) 2.10.0 released https://impala.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.6.5 and 1.7.7, and Jackrabbit 2.1, 2.14.3 and 2.15.16 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Kafka™ –a distributed streaming platform.
- Apache Kafka 0.11.0.1 released http://kafka.apache.org/
Apache Kudu™ –an Open Source storage engine for structured data which supports low-latency random access together with efficient analytical access patterns.
- Apache Kudu 1.5.0 released http://kudu.apache.org/
Apache MXNet (incubating) –a flexible and efficient library for deep learning.
- Apache MXNet (incubating) 0.11.0 released http://mxnet.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Mynewt a community-driven module OS for constrained, embedded applications.
- Apache Mynewt 1.2.0 released http://mynewt.apache.org/
Apache Struts™ –Open Source framework for creating Java Web applications.
- Apache Struts Statement on Equifax Security Breach https://s.apache.org/8thB
- MEDIA ALERT: The Apache Software Foundation Confirms Equifax Data Breach Due to Failure to Install Patches Provided for Apache® Struts™ Exploit https://s.apache.org/7bip
Apache Syncope™ –an Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments, implemented in Java EE technology.
- Apache Syncope 2.0.5 released http://syncope.apache.org/
- Did you know that new features in Apache Mynewt include Bluetooth Mesh and LORA support? http://mynewt.apache.org/
- Did you know that the world's largest mobile network, China Mobile, orchestrates containers and runs long-running services and various jobs at their on-premises data center using Apache Mesos? http://mesos.apache.org/
- Did you know that Twitter uses Apache Kafka, Storm, Hadoop, and Cassandra to handle 5 billion sessions a day in real time? http://kafka.apache.org/ http://storm.apache.org/ http://hadoop.apache.org/ http://cassandra.apache.org/
- Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache: Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE are available; as well as videos https://s.apache.org/AE3m and audio recordings https://feathercast.apache.org/
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- TomcatCon will be held 25 September in London https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tomcatcon-london-2017-tickets-36683639754
- Meet members of the Apache Big Data communities at DataWorks/Hadoop Summit 20-21 September in Sydney https://dataworkssummit.com/
- The Apache community will be at All Things Open --stop by the ASF booth and say hello! 23-24 October in Raleigh https://allthingsopen.org/
- Learn about Apache Atlas, AriaTosca (incubating), Hadoop YARN, Kafka, ManifoldCF, Ranger, Spot (incubating), Thrift, and more at Open Source Summit Europe + ELC Europe 2017 23-26 October in Prague https://osseu17.sched.com/
- Catch the Apache Ignite and Spark communities at the In-Memory Computing Summit 24-25 October in San Francisco https://imcsummit.org/
- ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #
Posted at 02:17PM Sep 15, 2017 by Sally Khudairi in General | |