The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 12 May 2017
As members of the Apache community is preparing to convene in Miami for ApacheCon next week, we continue to be productive. Here's what we've been up to:
Support Apache –if Apache software has helped you, please consider making a donation, no matter the size. Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 17 May 2017. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield forward performance at 99.82% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –Tomorrow's Technology Today: Big Data, CloudStack, Flex, IoT, Tomcat, and dozens of Apache projects across 200+ sessions, 150+ speakers, 4 subconferences, BarCampApache and more. http://apachecon.com/ Register today!
- Support your favorite Apache projects and communities at ApacheCon by becoming an Apache Community and/or BarCamp Sponsor http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/sponsors/community-sponsor
Apache Arrow™ –columnar in-memory analytics layer designed to accelerate Big Data.
- Apache Arrow 0.3.0 released http://arrow.apache.org/
Apache Directory™ Fortress –a standards-based access management system, written in Java, that provides role-based access control, delegated administration and password policy services with LDAP.
- Apache Fortress 2.0.0-RC2 released http://directory.apache.org/fortress/
Apache HttpComponents™ Client –Java library implementing an HTTP client based on HttpCore components.
- HttpComponents Client 5.0 alpha2 released http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/
Apache Ignite™ –In-Memory Data Fabric providing in-memory data caching, partitioning, processing, and querying components.
- Apache Ignite 2.0.0 released https://ignite.apache.org/
Apache OpenWebBeans™ Meecrowave –a light Apache web server based on Tomat and OpenWebBeans (à la microprofile fashion).
- Apache Meecrowave 0.3.1 released http://openwebbeans.apache.org/meecrowave/
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data.
- Apache NiFi 1.2.0 released https://nifi.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ Proton –a messaging library for the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464, http://www.amqp.org).
-Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.19.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M21 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Apache Trafodion (incubating) –a Web-scale SQL-on-Hadoop solution enabling transactional or operational workloads on Apache Hadoop.
- Apache Trafodion 2.1.0-incubating released http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/index.html
Did You Know?
- Did you know that previews for ApacheCon + Apache: Big Data keynotes and select sessions are available exclusively on Feathercast? https://feathercast.apache.org/
- Did you know that over the past quarter, Apache source code has been downloaded more than 2M times? https://projects.apache.org/statistics.html
- Did you know that RiskCo finacial engineering and risk intelligence group uses Apache Wicket? http://wicket.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" is a blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh
- The latest Apache Community Newsletter https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/entry/community-development-news-april-2017
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The Apache Phoenix community will be holding PhoenixCon on 13 June in San Francisco https://www.eventbrite.com/e/phoenixcon-2017-tickets-32872245772
- ASF Operations Summary - Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon North America + Apache: BigData, CloudStack Collaboration Conference, FlexJS Summit, Apache: IoT, and TomcatCon will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #
Posted at 07:48AM May 12, 2017 by Sally in General | |