The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 5 May 2017
Welcome, May! The Apache community is getting ready for ApacheCon, and we hope to see you in Miami soon. Here's what's happened over the past week:
Support Apache –your donations help the world's largest Open Source foundation enrich the lives of countless users and developers. Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 17 May 2017. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
- The Apache Software Foundation Welcomes 64 New Members https://s.apache.org/2Vt
Success at Apache –our sixth installment in the monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works".
- Meritocracy and Me, by Tom Barber https://s.apache.org/tQQh
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield whizbang performance at 99.97% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –Tomorrow's Technology Today: Big Data, CloudStack, Flex, IoT, Tomcat, and dozens of Apache projects across 200+ sessions, 150+ speakers, 4 subconferences, BarCampApache and more. http://apachecon.com/ Register today!
- Support your favorite Apache projects and communities at ApacheCon by becoming an Apache Community and/or BarCamp Sponsor http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/sponsors/community-sponsor
Apache CarbonData™ –Open Source Big Data analytics accelerator.
The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® CarbonData™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/QmTI
Apache HBase™ –an Open Source, distributed, versioned, non-relational database.
- Apache HBase 1.1.10 released https://hbase.apache.org/
Apache HttpComponents™ Core –a set of HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/2 transport components that can be used to build custom client and server side HTTP services with a minimal footprint.
-Apache HttpComponents Core 5.0 alpha3 released http://hc.apache.org/
Apache Juneau (incubating) –a toolkit for marshalling POJOs to a wide variety of content types using a common framework, and for creating sophisticated self-documenting REST interfaces and microservices using very little code.
- Apache Juneau 6.2.0 (incubating) released http://juneau.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Kylin™ –Open Source petabyte-scale Big Data Distributed Analytics Engine.
- Apache Kylin 2.0.0 released https://kylin.apache.org/
Apache Mahout™ –Open Source scalable machine learning and data mining library for Big Data artificial intelligence.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Mahout™ v0.13.0 https://s.apache.org/ioAa
Apache Qpid™ Dispatch –a router for the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464, http://www.amqp.org).
- Apache Qpid Dispatch 0.8.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that previews for ApacheCon + Apache: Big Data keynotes and select sessions are available exclusively on Feathercast? https://feathercast.apache.org/
- Did you know that the Top 5 closers (+ number of issues) over the past 30 days are: Wes McKinney (169), Sean Owen (75), Gavin McDonald (64), Aled Sage (57), and Jesse MacFadyen (55)? Well done, all! http://status.apache.org/
- Did you know that you can support Apache by shopping at http://smile.amazon.com? 0.5% will be donated to the ASF!
- Did you know that Air New Zealand's "Ask Oskar" online chatbot is trained by Apache OpenNLP? http://opennlp.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" is a new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh
- Introducing the new Apache Community Newsletter https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/entry/community-development-news-march-2017 Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity . Do friend and follow us.
- ASF Operations Summary - Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon North America + Apache: BigData, CloudStack Collaboration Conference, FlexJS Summit, Apache: IoT, and TomcatCon will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #
Posted at 01:14PM May 05, 2017 by Sally in General | |