The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 21 April 2017
As we're cranking through April, the Apache community has been working on:
Support Apache –if Apache software has helped you, please consider making a donation, no matter the size. Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 17 May 2017. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield swift performance at 99.95% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –Tomorrow's Technology Today. The latest in Big Data, Cloud, Flex, IoT, Tomcat, and dozens of other leading Apache projects across 200+ sessions, 150+ speakers, 4 subconferences, BarCampApache and more. http://apachecon.com/ Register today!
- PREVIEWS on ApacheCon and Apache: Big Data, exclusively on Feathercast https://feathercast.apache.org/
- Support your favorite Apache project and community at ApacheCon by becoming an Apache Community and/or BarCamp Sponsor http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/sponsors/community-sponsor
The Apache Software Foundation Recognizes Apache Innovations Integral to the Pulitzer Prize-winning Panama Papers Investigation
- Apache Open Source library, search, and document management tools used in investigating the biggest leak in journalism history. https://s.apache.org/UkEw
Apache Commons™ JEXL –a library intended to facilitate the implementation of dynamic and scripting features in applications and frameworks written in Java.
- Apache Commons JEXL 3.1 released https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-jexl/download_jexl.cgi
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.2.25 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache JMeter™ –used to test performance both on static and dynamic resources such as files, Servlets, Perl scripts, Java Objects, Data Bases and Queries, FTP Servers, and more.
- Apache JMeter 3.2 released http://jmeter.apache.org/download_jmeter.cgi
Apache Kudu™ –an Open Source storage engine for structured data which supports low-latency random access together with efficient analytical access patterns.
- Apache Kudu 1.3.1 released http://kudu.apache.org/releases/1.3.1/
Apache Log4j™ –provides logging services for Java.
- CVE-2017-5645: Apache Log4j socket receiver deserialization vulnerability http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201704.mbox/%3CCACmp6kodWRpk7U6cguk3_TyP%2BFcA11sBExvb83EntE51Secn6A%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Mahout™ –scalable machine learning library.
- Apache Mahout 0.13.0 released http://www.apache.org/dist/mahout/0.13.0/
Apache OpenWebBeans™ –an ALv2-licensed implementation of the "Contexts and Dependency Injection for the Java EE platform" specification which is defined as JSR-299.
- Apache OpenWebBeans-1.7.3 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/openwebbeans/1.7.3/
Apache POI™ –Open Source Java library and APIs for various file formats based on Microsoft Office.
- Apache POI 3.16 released https://poi.apache.org/download.html
Apache Syncope™ –an Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments, implemented in Java EE technology.
- Apache Syncope 2.0.3 released http://syncope.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.14 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi
- Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M20 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-90.cgi
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache TinkerPop Gremlin is Turing Complete? http://tinkerpop.apache.org/
- Did you know that BarCamp Apache will be held prior to ApacheCon, and, per usual, will be free of charge to participate? http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/extend-the-experience/barcamp
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" is a new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM
- Introducing the new Apache Community Newsletter https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/entry/community-development-news-march-2017 Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity . Do friend and follow us.
- ASF Operations Summary - Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon North America + Apache: BigData, CloudStack Collaboration Conference, FlexJS Summit, Apache: IoT, and TomcatCon will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #
Posted at 01:55PM Apr 21, 2017 by Sally in General | |