The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 3 June 2022
Welcome, June --we're opening the month with another great week. Here's what the Apache community has been up to:
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- Sponsorships available for ApacheCon Asia - 29-31 July (online) and ApacheCon North America - 3-6 October (New Orleans) https://www.apachecon.com/
- Travel Assistance available for ApacheCon North America. Application deadline 1 July https://apache.org/travel/
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 15 June 2022. Running Board calendar and minutes are available.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF's Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 296 Apache Committers and 769 contributors changed 1,747,550 lines of code over 3,685 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Igor Ostapenko, Jarek Potiuk, Mark Thomas, and Gary Gregory.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
- Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.12.0 released
- Apache JDO 3.2.1 released Servers --
- Apache HttpComponents Core 5.2-beta2 released
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the following Apache projects and their communities are celebrating anniversaries this month? Many happy returns to SpamAssassin (18 years); Santuario (16 years); Commons and Wicket (15 years); Sling (13 years); Karaf (12 years); Flume and VCL (10 years); Mesos (9 years); Atlas and Mynewt (5 years). Congratulations! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
- Did you know that the second Apache Hop Meetup will be taking place online on 9 June?
- Did you know that Ignite Summit (14 June/Online) will start with full-day trainings on 13 June?
- Did you know that Beam Summit (18-20 July/Austin and Online - hybrid) will be holding workshops on 20 July?
Apache Community Notices
- ASF Annual Report: FY2021 (PDF)
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
- Presentations from 2021's ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works."
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, Planet Apache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 03:27PM Jun 07, 2022 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |