The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache Weekly News Round-up: week ending 25 February 2022
Farewell, February --we're wrapping up the month with another great week. Here are the latest updates on the Apache community's activities:ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 16 March 2022. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF's Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 323 Apache Committers changed 1,586,514 lines of code over 3,215 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Claus Ibsen, Jean-Louis Monteiro, Andrea Cosentino, Gary Gregory, and Eric Milles.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.Application Servers/Middleware --
- Apache Karaf Decanter 2.9.0 releasedContent --
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.22.11 released
- Apache JSPWiki CVE-2022-24947: CSRF Account Takeover
-- CVE-2022-24948: Cross-site scripting vulnerability on User Preferences screenFinTech --
- Apache Fineract 1.6.0 released
Network Client --
- Apache MINA 2.0.23, 2.1.6 released
- Apache Airflow CVE-2022-24288: RCE in example DAGs
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache Beam helps Palo Alto Networks meet streaming
needs by providing a highly-performant, reliable, and resilient data
processing framework for 10 million security events per second across 3
petabytes per day?
- Did you know that the Australian Department of Transport's Vehicle Inspection System webapp is powered by Apache Wicket?
- Did you know that Apache Ignite is a distributed cache, a distributed database, an in-memory database, and an in-memory data grid?
Apache Community Notices
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
- Presentations from 2021's ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works."
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Drew
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
...Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 02:49PM Feb 28, 2022 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |