The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache Weekly News Round-up: week ending 4 February 2022
Welcome, February --we're opening the month with another great week. Here's what the Apache community has been up to:ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 16 February 2022. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.89%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF's Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot –
Over the past week, 303 Apache Committers changed 9,625,849 lines of
code over 3,255 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Claus Ibsen, Sebastian Bazley, Guillaume Nodet, and Eric Milles.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
- Apache Kyuubi (incubating) 1.4.1-incubating released
- Apache Hudi 0.10.1 released
- Apache Gobblin CVE-2021-36151: Local Credentials Disclosure Vulnerability
Business Intelligence --
- Apache Superset CVE-2021-44451: API sensitive information leak
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.8.26 released
- Apache Pulsar CVE-2021-41571: Pulsar Admin API allows access to data from other tenants using getMessageById API
- Apache Linkis (incubating) released
- Apache Groovy 4.0.0 released
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the following Apache Projects are celebrating anniversaries this month? Congratulations to Apache HTTP Server (27 years!); Gump and Portals (18 years); Directory, MyFaces, and Xerces (17 years); Tapestry (16 years); Roller (15 years); Cassandra and Subversion (12 years); Chemistry (11 years); BVal and OpenNLP (10 years); Clerezza (9 years); Knox and Spark (8 years); DataFu (4 years); Unomi (3 years); Daffodil, Ratis, and Solr (2 years)! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
- Did you know that the ASF is joining the Open Geospatial Consortium and Open Source Geospatial Foundation to hold the 2022 Joint OGC-OSGeo-ASF Code Sprint, taking place 8-10 March? Those interested in helping advance OGC Standards through numerous Apache and OSGeo projects are invited to learn more and sign up at https://portal.ogc.org/public_ogc/register/220225asf_codesprint.php
- Did you know that the CFP for Airflow Summit (taking place online 23-27 May) is now open?
Apache Community Notices
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
- Presentations from 2021's ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works."
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Drew
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
...Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 02:21PM Feb 07, 2022 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |