The Apache Software Foundation Blog
Apache Month in Review: December 2021
Welcome to the latest monthly overview of events from the Apache community. Here's a summary of what happened in December [video highlights available] :
New This Month --
- Apache Month in Review: November 2021
Important Dates --
- Next Board Meeting: 19 January 2022. Board calendar and minutes
In December, 600 Apache Committers changed 23,123,232 lines of code over 13,572 commits. The Committers with the top 5 highest contributions, in order, were: Gary Gregory, Claus Ibsen, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Harikrishna Patnala, and Andi Huber.
Project Releases and Updates --
New releases from Apache Airflow (Workflow); APISIX (API); Archiva (Build Management); Calcite (Big Data); Camel (Integration); Daffodil (Libraries); DolphinScheduler (Workflow); Druid (Big Data); Flink (Big Data); Fortress (Identity Management); Geode (Database); Groovy (Programming Languages); HBase (Big Data); HttpComponents (Servers); HTTP Server (Servers); Ignite (Big Data); IoTDB (IoT); Jackrabbit (Content); James (Mail); JMeter (Testing); JSPWiki (Content); Karaf (Application Servers/Middleware); Kyuubi (Incubating; Big Data); Log4j (Libraries); Lucene (Search); MXNet (Incubating; Libraries); NetBeans (Integrated Development Environment); NiFi (Big Data); OFBiz (Enterprise Processes Automation / ERP); Parquet (Big Data); PDFBox (Content); PLC4X (IoT); Pulsar (Messaging); Qpid (Messaging); Skywalking (Application Performance Management); Solr (Search); Struts (Web Frameworks); Tika (Big Data); Tomcat (Servers); Traffic Control (Servers); Wicket (Web Frameworks); and XMLBeans (Library).
Apache Project Anniversaries in December: Apache Portable Runtime (APR; 21 years); Logging Services (18 years); Cayenne and OFBiz (15 years); Synapse (14 years); Camel (13 years); Axis, OpenWebBeans, Pivot (12 years); Aries (11 years); Flex (9 years); Helix (8 years); Flink (7 years); Beam (5 years); Airflow (3 years); Druid (2 years); DataSketches (1 year); ECharts (1 year); and Mnemonic (1 year). Many happy returns!
The Apache Incubator is the primary entry path for projects wishing to become an official part of the ASF. More than three dozen projects are currently undergoing development in the Apache Incubator.
# # #
To see our Weekly News Round-ups (published every Friday), visit https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/ and click on the calendar or hop directly to https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/Newsletter . For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. We appreciate your support!
Posted at 04:52PM Jan 03, 2022 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |
The Apache Weekly News Round-up: week ending 31 December 2021
Here we are --the last day of the year-- we wish everyone a happy new year. Thank you for your dedicated readership: below is our final weekly round-up for 2021; we'll be back in your inbox in 2022:ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 19 January 2022. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF's Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 183 Apache Committers changed 8,306,446 lines of code over 2,124 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Gary Gregory, Claus Ibsen, Michael Osipov, Jacques Le Roux, and Tilman Hausherr.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
- Apache XMLBeans 5.0.3 released
- Apache IoTDB 0.12.4 released
- Apache Log4j 2.3.2 and 2.12.4 released
- Apache SkyWalking Nginx LUA 0.6.0 and Satellite 0.5.0 released
- Apache JMeter 5.4.3 released
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the latest details on Apache Log4j vulnerabilities are available on the Apache Logging Services security page? https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/security.html
- Did you know that dozens of organizations such as Amazon, AT&T, Facebook (Meta), Uber, and Zillow use Apache Sedona (incubating) for their geospatial data processing pipelines?
- Did you know that tax-deductible donations support the ASF's day-to-day
operations that benefit 350+ Apache Projects and their communities?
Donate online using ACH, credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and
Microsoft Pay https://donate.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
- Presentations from 2021's ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works."
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Drew
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
...Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 03:25PM Jan 03, 2022 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |