The Apache Software Foundation Blog
Apache Month in Review: July 2020
Welcome to the latest monthly overview of events from the Apache community. Here's a summary of what happened in July:
New this month --
- ASF Annual Report – a look back at our many achievements during the 2020 Fiscal Year
-- Press release https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport-PR
-- Full report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
- "Trillions and Trillions Served" – the feature documentary on the ASF filmed onsite at ApacheCon Las Vegas and Berlin in 2019, watch “Apache Innovation”, the fourth and final segment of the series https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
- ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
-- Announcing ApacheCon @Home 2020: ApacheCon North America and Europe have been combined and will be held online 29 September - 1 October 2020. Join us! https://apachecon.com/acah2020
- "Inside Infra" – a new interview series with members of the ASF Infrastructure team
-- Meet Greg Stein --Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
- Apache Month in Review: June 2020 https://s.apache.org/June2020
Important Dates --
- Next Board Meeting: 19 August 2020. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
- ApacheCon @Home 29 September - 1 October 2020 https://apachecon.com/acah2020
In July, 846 Apache Committers changed 14,227,571 lines of code over 16,062
commits. The Committers with the top 5 highest contributions, in
order, were: Mark Miller, Andrea Cosentino, Gary Gregory, Sebastian Bazley, and Zhang Yonglun.
Project Releases and Updates --New releases from Apache Annotator (Libraries); APISIX (API); Arrow (Big Data); Atlas (Big Data); Avro (Big Data); Beam (Big Data); BVal (Libraries); Calcite (Big Data); Commons Lang and Numbers (Libraries); Commons Text (Libraries); Curator (Messaging); Daffodil (Libraries); Druid (Big Data); Flink (Big Data); Geometry (Libraries); Groovy (Programming Languages); Guacamole (Network Client); HBase (Big Data); IoTDB (IoT); Jackrabbit (Content); Kylin (Big Data); Lucene (Search); MyFaces (Web Frameworks); NiFi (Big Data); Nutch (Web Crawler); OFBiz (Enterprise Processes Automation / ERP); Qpid (Messaging); Skywalking (Application Performance Management); Storm (Big Data); Tomcat (Servers);Tuweni (Blockchain); TVM (Machine Learning); Wicket (Web Frameworks).
Apache Incubator is the primary entry path for projects and codebases
wishing to become part of the efforts at The Apache Software Foundation. Congratulations to
Apache APISIX, which graduated as a Top-Level Project this
month https://s.apache.org/29wd9. We invite you to review
the many projects currently in development in the Apache Incubator http://incubator.apache.org/
# # #
To see our Weekly News Round-ups, visit https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/ and click on the calendar in the upper-right side (published every Friday) or hop directly to https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/Newsletter . For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. We appreciate your support!
Posted at 03:09PM Aug 01, 2020 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |