The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 3 January 2020
Apache in 2019 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 15 January 2020. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
Apache Diversity & Inclusion – newly-formed committee supports
initiatives that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion across the
greater Apache community.
- FINAL CALL: respond to the 2020 ASF Community Survey before 4 January https://s.apache.org/pzol5
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998
- CFP OPEN: Apache Roadshow/DC https://www.apachecon.com/usroadshowdc20/index.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.94%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 506 Apache contributors changed 647,823 lines of code over 2,002 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Gary Gregory, Dan Haywood, Carlos Rovira, and Andrew Wetmore.
Cloud Computing --
- Apache Libcloud 2.8.0 released https://libcloud.apache.org/
- Apache Commons VFS 2.5.0 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-vfs/
- Apache Lucene 8.4.0 and Solr 8.4.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the European Commission created its new API Gateway infrastructure using Apache Camel? https://camel.apache.org/
- Did you know that NBC Universal uses Apache Tinkerpop's Gremlin to write complicated traversals? http://tinkerpop.apache.org/
- Did you know that blogs.apache.org is powered by Apache Roller? Version 6 just released! http://roller.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August - October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
- Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
- ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- ApacheCon: Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
- ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- CFP and pre-registration open for the first Pulsar Summit http://pulsar.apache.org/blog/2019/12/18/Pulsar-summit-cfp/
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 05:43AM Jan 03, 2020 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |