The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 2 August 2019
Welcome August!! --let's take a look back at what the collective Apache community has been working on over the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 21 August 2019. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998
- Register today for ApacheCon North America and Europe. We look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas and Berlin! https://www.apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.95%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 851 Apache contributors changed 7,567,471 lines of code over 3,914 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea Cosentino, Etienne Chauchot, Mark Thomas, Gary Gregory, and Juan Pan.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
- Apache VCL 2.5.1 released http://vcl.apache.org/
Content Management --
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.16.0 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org
Data Management Platform --
- Apache Rya (Incubating) 4.0.0 released http://rya.incubator.apache.org/
- Apache Tomcat 7.0.96 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that new workshops on Apache OpenWhisk and Apache Spark/Scala Hands-on have just been added to the ApacheCon Las Vegas schedule? https://www.apachecon.com/acna19/s/#/schedule/2019-09-09
- Did you know that 11-year-old ApacheCon Las Vegas keynoter Samaira Mehta will be holding “Yes, 1 Billion Kids Can Code”, a one-hour Hackathon to help kids of all ages (first grade and up) learn how to code? Join us: advanced sign-up required at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/yes-1-billion-kids-can-code-registration-66834093573
- Did you know that ApacheCon Berlin keynoters include Thomas Gageik, Director of Digital Business Solutions at the European Commission's Directorate-General for Informatics; Miguel Gamiño, Executive Vice President Global Cities at Mastercard; and Nanjala Nyabola, noted attorney, writer, and a political analyst? Sign up today https://aceu19.apachecon.com/
Apache Community Notices:
- Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
- ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- ApacheCon: Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
- ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- Registration is open for ApacheCon North America 9-12 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- Spark + AI Summit 2019 will be held 15-17 October in Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
- Registration open for ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache Camel, Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
Posted at 02:02PM Aug 02, 2019 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |