The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 29 December 2017
Support Apache –help us continue serving the Apache community, shepherding more than 300 projects, and incubating Open Source innovations for generations to come. With just a few days left before the end of the calendar year, we ask that you and your employers consider a gift to the ASF, for which you may receive a tax deduction. Apache projects, Infrastructure, and Operations will immediately benefit from your gift. Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
Thank you to our Platinum Sponsors: Cloudera, Comcast, Facebook, Google, LeaseWeb, Microsoft, and Yahoo; our Gold Sponsors: ARM, Bloomberg, Hortonworks, Huawei, IBM, ODPi, PhoenixNAP, and Pivotal; our Silver Sponsors: Alibaba Cloud Computing, Budget Direct, Capital One, Cash Store, Cerner, Inspur, iSIGMA, Private Internet Access, Red Hat, Serenata Flowers, Target, Union Investment, and WANdisco; our Bronze Sponsors: 7 Binary Options, Airport Rentals, The Blog Starter, Casino2k, Compare Forex Brokers, HostingAdvice.com, HostPapa Web Hosting, The Linux Foundation, Mobile Slots, Samsung, Spotify, Talend, Travel Ticker Hotels, Web Hosting Secret Revealed, WebsiteSetup, and Wise Buyer; and our Infrastructure Sponsors: Bintray, Freie Universität Berlin, HotWax Systems, No-IP, OSU Open Source Labs, PagerDuty, Quenda, Rackspace, Sonatype, SURFnet, and Symantec.
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 17 January. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield happy performance at 99.26% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 65 Apache contributors changed 83,360 lines of code over 246 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andreas Veithen, Tellier Benoit, Gintas Grigelionis, Xing Zhang, and Stefan Fuhrmann.
Apache BookKeeper™ –a scalable, fault-tolerant, and low-latency storage service optimized for real-time workloads.
- Apache BookKeeper 4.6.0 released https://bookkeeper.apache.org/
Apache Commons™ DBCP –implements Database Connection Pooling.
- Apache Apache Commons DBCP 2.2.0 released http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/
Apache Commons™ RDF –aims to provide a common library for RDF 1.1 that could be implemented by systems on the Java Virtual Machine.
- Apache Commons RDF 0.5.0 released https://commons.apache.org/rdf
Apache Lucene™ Solr –the popular, blazing-fast, Open Source enterprise search platform built on Apache Lucene.
- Apache Solr Reference Guide for 7.2 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/ref-guide/apache-solr-ref-guide-7.2.pdf
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data.
- Apache NiFi 0.3.0 released https://nifi.apache.org/
Apache Nutch™ –a well matured, production ready Web crawler.
- Apache Nutch 1.14 released http://nutch.apache.org/
Apache OpenNLP™ –a machine learning based toolkit for the processing of natural language text.
- Apache OpenNLP 1.8.4 released http://opennlp.apache.org/
Apache OpenWebBeans™ –a CDI container (Contexts and Dependency Injection for Java) and targets the CDI-2.0 specification (JavaEE 8).
- Apache OpenWebBeans-2.0.3 CDI container and Apache Meecrowave-1.2.0 released http://openwebbeans.apache.org
Apache Qpid™ Proton –a messaging library for the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464, http://www.amqp.org).
- Apache Qpid Proton 0.19.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/
Apache Syncope™ –an Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments, implemented in Java EE technology.
- Apache Syncope 2.0.7 released http://syncope.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the Apache Cordova@8 tools are now available? https://cordova.apache.org/
- Did you know that the latest update on Apache NetBeans (incubating) is available at https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8b64f50b57ef74338155c3e365d4c8c8e44688f1b06bdf9d0a00aecc@%3Cdev.netbeans.apache.org%3E ?
- Did you know that Alibaba, Bouygues Telecom, Capital One, and Ericsson are powered by Apache Flink? http://flink.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community https://s.apache.org/x9Be 8) Meritocracy. https://s.apache.org/DiEo 9) Lowering Barriers to Open Innovation https://s.apache.org/dAlg 10) All My Roads Led to Apache https://s.apache.org/l9OO 11) Scratch Your Own Itch. https://s.apache.org/7Amk 12) What a Long Strange (and Great) Trip It's Been https://s.apache.org/gVuN
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Meet members of the Apache community at Open Expo Madrid 6-7 June 2018 http://www.openexpo.es/en/
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary Q2 FY2018 https://s.apache.org/j1GJ
- ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #
Posted at 01:37PM Dec 29, 2017 by Sally in General | |