The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 1 September 2017
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 September. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary Q1 FY2018 https://s.apache.org/cEUm
Apache Atlas™ –Big Data governance and metadata framework/services.
- Apache Atlas 0.8.1 released http://atlas.apache.org/
Apache CloudStack™ –an easy-to-deploy IaaS Cloud orchestration platform that "just works".
- Apache CloudStack 126.96.36.199 released http://cloudstack.apache.org/
Apache CXF™ Fediz –helps secure Web applications and delegates security enforcement to the underlying application server.
- Apache CXF Fediz 1.4.1 released http://cxf.apache.org/fediz.html
Apache Log4j™ –a well known framework for logging application behavior.
- Apache Log4j 2.9.0 released https://logging.apache.org/log4j/
- Apache MADlib v1.12 released http://madlib.apache.org/
Apache OODT™ –a software framework as well as an architectural style for the rapid construction of scientific data systems.
- Apache OODT 1.2 released http://oodt.apache.org/
Apache S2Graph (incubating) –graph database designed to handle transactional graph processing at scale.
- Apache S2Graph 0.2.0-incubating released http://s2graph.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Santuario™ –aimed at providing implementation of the primary security standards for XML, namely XML-Signature Syntax and Processing and XML Encryption Syntax and Processing.
- Apache Santuario XML Security for Java 2.0.9 and 2.1.0 released http://santuario.apache.org/
Apache UIMA™ –a component framework supporting development, discovery, composition, and deployment of multi-modal analytics tasked with the analysis of unstructured information.
- Apache UIMA Java SDK 2.10.1 and UIMA DUCC 2.2.1 released https://uima.apache.org/
Apache VCL™ –a self-service system used to dynamically provision and broker remote access to a dedicated compute environment for an end-user.
- Apache VCL 2.5 released http://vcl.apache.org/
- Did you know that the following Apache projects have anniversaries this month? Many happy returns to ServiceMix (10 years); Hive, Pign and Shiro (7 years); Airavata, Bigtop, SIS, and Stanbol (5 years); Curator (4 years); Storm (3 years); and Yetus (2 yrs) https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
- Did you know that Apache NiFi is a great data flow system for fast prototyping of Big Data? http://nifi.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache Pulsar (incubating) provides multi-tenancy, geo-replication, and durability guarantees out of the box? http://pulsar.apache.org/
- Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache: Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE are available; as well as videos https://s.apache.org/AE3m and audio recordings https://feathercast.apache.org/
- Check out the latest Apache Community Development newsletter https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/entry/community-development-news-july-2017
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- TomcatCon will be held 25 September in London https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tomcatcon-london-2017-tickets-36683639754
- Meet members of the Apache Big Data communities at DataWorks/Hadoop Summit 20-21 September in Sydney https://dataworkssummit.com/
- The Apache community will be at All Things Open --stop by the ASF booth and say hello! 23-24 October in Raleigh https://allthingsopen.org/
- Learn about Apache Atlas, AriaTosca (incubating), Hadoop YARN, Kafka, ManifoldCF, Ranger, Spot (incubating), Thrift, and more at Open Source Summit Europe + ELC Europe 2017 23-26 October in Prague https://osseu17.sched.com/
- Catch the Apache Ignite and Spark communities at the In-Memory Computing Summit 24-25 October in San Francisco https://imcsummit.org/
- ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #
Posted at 01:41PM Sep 01, 2017 by Sally in General | |