The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 25 August 2017
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 September. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
- ASF Annual Report for 2017 Fiscal Year https://s.apache.org/IDn5
- 7M+ weekly checks yield assured performance at 91.79% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 357 Committers changed 679,818 lines of code over 1,887 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Pei He, Michael Stack, Andrea Cosentino, Benjamin Mahler, and Ismaël Mejía.
Apache HBase™ –an Open Source, distributed, versioned, non-relational database.
- Apache HBase 2.0.0-alpha-2 and 1.1.12 released https://hbase.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.6.4, 1.0.39, and 1.7.6 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
- Apache Knox 0.13.0 released http://knox.apache.org/
Apache Kylin™ –an Open Source Distributed Analytics Engine designed to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on Apache Hadoop, supporting extremely large datasets.
- Apache Kylin 2.1.0 released https://kylin.apache.org/
Apache MADlib™ –Big Data machine-learning library used for scalable in-database analytics.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® MADlib™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/BSrW
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 8.0.46 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Apache Traffic Server™ –a high-performance Web proxy cache that improves network efficiency and performance by caching frequently-accessed information at the edge of the network.
- Apache Traffic Server 6.2.2 released http://trafficserver.apache.org/
Apache VCL™ –a self-service system used to dynamically provision and broker remote access to a dedicated compute environment for an end-user.
- Apache VCL 2.5 released http://vcl.apache.org/
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- TomcatCon will be held 25 September in London https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tomcatcon-london-2017-tickets-36683639754
- Meet members of the Apache Big Data communities at DataWorks/Hadoop Summit 20-21 September in Sydney https://dataworkssummit.com/
- The Apache community will be at All Things Open --stop by the ASF booth and say hello! 23-24 October in Raleigh https://allthingsopen.org/
- Learn about Apache Atlas, AriaTosca (incubating), Hadoop YARN, Kafka, ManifoldCF, Ranger, Spot (incubating), Thrift, and more at Open Source Summit Europe + ELC Europe 2017 23-26 October in Prague https://osseu17.sched.com/
- Catch the Apache Ignite and Spark communities at the In-Memory Computing Summit 24-25 October in San Francisco https://imcsummit.org/
- ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #
Posted at 03:27PM Aug 25, 2017 by Sally in General | |