The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The cake is not a lie!
Wish you were here.
Not able to make it to ApacheCon Europe 2009?
Even if you can't make it to Amsterdam this week, you can still follow along with all of the fun activities regarding ApacheCon.
Follow along on Twitter by searching for '#apachecon'.
Although this was posted earlier on our ApacheCon blog (watch keynotes), we think the following list of free (as in beer, mmm beer!) talks are definitely worth tuning into:
- Wednesday, 8:00 UTC: Jim Jagielski, State of the Feather
- Wednesday, 8:30 UTC: Raghu Ramakrishnan, Data Management in the Cloud
- Wednesday, 12:00 UTC:Lars Eilebrecht, Behind the Scenes of The Apache Software Foundation
- Thursday, 12:00 UTC: Jim Jagielski, Sponsoring the ASF the Corporate and Individual Level
- Thursday, 16:30 UTC: James Governor, Open sourcing the analyst business...
- Friday, 10:30 UTC: Apache Pioneer's Panel, 10 years of The Apache Software Foundation
- Friday, 12:00 UTC: J Aaron Farr, The Apache Way
- Wednesday, 9:30-17:00 UTC: Hadoop Geeks for Geeks track
- Thursday, 8:00-16:00 UTC: Tomcat for Developers and Administrators
- Friday, 8:00-16:00 UTC: HTTP Server Administration
ApacheCon Europe 2009 kicks off today
First (real) post! Welcome to the official blog of The Apache Software Foundation (ASF).
This week, we are here at the Mövenpick Amsterdam City Centre hotel for ApacheCon Europe 2009. Today, we've got the Hackathon and BarCampApache going on in addition to a number of training sessions. Tonight, we have some MeetUps. Tomorrow, the Hackathon and the trainings continue with yet another round of MeetUps in the evening. Then on Wednesday, the main conference sessions begin.
We'll be reporting more from ApacheCon in the next few days - so stay tuned.
And, of course, if you're in the Amsterdam area, please stop by and say hello!