Apache CouchDB 1.4.0 Released
Apache CouchDB 1.4.0 has been released and is available for download.
Grab your copy here:
Pre-built packages for Windows and OS X are available.
CouchDB 1.4.0 is a feature release, and was originally published on 2013-09-03.
These release notes are based on the changelog.
- We now support Erlang/OTP R16B and R16B01; the minimum required version is R14B.
- User document role values must now be strings. Other types of values will be refused when saving the user document.
- COUCHDB-1684: Support for server-wide changes feed reporting on creation, updates and deletion of databases. #917d8988
- COUCHDB-1139: it’s possible to apply list functions to _all_docs view. #54fd258e
- Automatic loading of CouchDB plugins. #3fab6bb5
- Allow storing pre-hashed admin passwords via _config API. #c98ba561
- COUCHDB-1772: Prevent invalid JSON output when using all_or_nothing _bulk_docs API. #dfd39d57
- Add a configurable whitelist of user document properties. #8d7ab8b1
- COUCHDB-1852: Support Last-Event-ID header in EventSource changes feeds. #dfd2199a
- Much improved documentation, including an expanded description of validate_doc_update functions (commit:ef9ac469) and a description of how CouchDB handles JSON number values (#bbd93f77).
- COUCHDB-1632: Ignore epilogues in multipart/related MIME attachments. #2b4ab67a
- Split up replicator_db tests into multiple independent tests.